Ziggy's Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG! I can't belive your not butter! Bwa ha ha bet you didn't see that one coming. Give me a call if you want to try and pick up your saw for that stand on friday when you go to pick up Zack.

Couple of quick updates:

I may be going with a different tank. The LFS I'm going to work for offered me a 50g Corner (reef ready) setup. I haven't decided yet. Just a possibility that was tossed out to me today. Or I could go with a 60g cube. UGH I love and hate this at the same time.

Soldering iron I have not worth a crap and is going back to the store. Time to visit Harbor Freight and pick up a new one.

Yay, ziggy is back in the game. Bout time you took off your floaties again, hows the water feel? I have no one down on my end to talk fishy talk. People think i am crazy with the reptiles and fish.

Get this one,
Weller 40 Watt Soldering Kit - SP40LK at The Home Depot
its the one I used, works like a charm.

Thanks for the link Jimbo!

Yay, ziggy is back in the game. Bout time you took off your floaties again, hows the water feel? I have no one down on my end to talk fishy talk. People think i am crazy with the reptiles and fish.

Right now the tank is still empty but the water where I will be working is a wonderful 78.

Desicion, Desicion..... Let see next he'll want to go back to his 72G bow front... :)

I don't think I will go back to the 72 that would be the max I could do in my apartment and I'm not sure I want that footprint. I'm really liking the idea of going with a cube style tank, see how that works out for a reef. I'm not sure yet what I will be doing.

I plan on making that decision next week when I start work at the LFS, this weekend I have my son with me and then Sunday afternoon I'm off to NYC for a couple days.

I like the 60g cube, but it is not reef ready and if I go that size tank I want a fuge and sump under it for sure.

I have Cree XR-E (107 lumen) Royal blue and Q5 Cool White. 10 of each. If I go larger I will probably supplement with a few T5s. The addition of this job and tons of stuff at my disposal makes things a little more complicated but in the end much better.

get one of those cubes that overflows outside the tank (like the one we saw holding clams at that place in Herndon we went to once or twice)

Forget the "about time" posts, I'm just stoked that I have another thread to read as it updates, especially considering it is one of yours! Good luck man!

get one of those cubes that overflows outside the tank (like the one we saw holding clams at that place in Herndon we went to once or twice)

I would love to have one of those, but that is not going to happen this time around. Maybe in the future.

Forget the "about time" posts, I'm just stoked that I have another thread to read as it updates, especially considering it is one of yours! Good luck man!

LOL, well right now that's about all anyone can say other than "get on with it". The real meat of this thread will get going next week when I start going through the stock of the LFS I'm working for. I will decide on the tank I'm going to use and when that happens the build is going to go pretty quickly.

Keep the chin strap of your hats good and tight, all arms and legs must remain in the car at all times, enjoy the ride!

The owner of the LFS I go to designed and built one based off of the Zero Edge tank, and had it as a display until he expanded. He didn't put it back up again because women/girls kept getting their tops all wet because they'd lean over to look into the tank and not realize the water was running down the outside. Apparently it was quite amusing. :p

The owner of the LFS I go to designed and built one based off of the Zero Edge tank, and had it as a display until he expanded. He didn't put it back up again because women/girls kept getting their tops all wet because they'd lean over to look into the tank and not realize the water was running down the outside. Apparently it was quite amusing. :p

LOL I'm sure it was.

They are really cool tanks but not practical for what I want to do with my system. Since I'm most likely going to go larger than the original 24g I will focus more on SPS, clams and higher end Zoas. I can't put together a reef tank without a zoa garden.

He didn't put it back up again because women/girls kept getting their tops all wet because they'd lean over to look into the tank and not realize the water was running down the outside. Apparently it was quite amusing. :p

My brain...hurts...can't...understand...logic...

LOL I'm sure it was.

They are really cool tanks but not practical for what I want to do with my system. Since I'm most likely going to go larger than the original 24g I will focus more on SPS, clams and higher end Zoas. I can't put together a reef tank without a zoa garden.

Yeah, I'm not sure how they'd work into having SPS. That's what I will mostly be going for with my next build anyway, so the girl may have to suffer! That, and you better have your zoa garden! I'd expect nothing less!

My brain...hurts...can't...understand...logic...

You know, I still don't understand it entirely either. Maybe for the sake of the customers' pride? Maybe he didn't want them complaining? Maybe he actually got a "formal" complaint? I'm with you on this one, Jimbo.

:lol::lol::lol:----DUH!!!;)

So I'm off to see the wizard today. Probably bringing home my new tank stand and bunch of other stuff. After a day of digging through 2000 sqft of aquarium supplies tanks and everything else fish related I will be on overload.

I intend to get pics of what ever makes it home posted this evening.

Back
Top Bottom