Ziggy's Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This thread is like watching paint dry.

Oh, wait, it's worse than that cuz Ziggy hasn't painted the tank yet.

:ROFLMAO:

(p.s., this is payback for all yours and sparky's nagging on my 72 build)

This thread is like watching paint dry.

Oh, wait, it's worse than that cuz Ziggy hasn't painted the tank yet.

:ROFLMAO:

(p.s., this is payback for all yours and sparky's nagging on my 72 build)

LOL!! If this rain would ever stop long enough I would be able to take the tank outside and get it painted. All I'm waiting on to start the tank part of the build is painting the sides. UGH!!!!!

Ziggy were all patiently waiting to see cloudy tank pics, filter pics and future progress pics. A little rain?

LOL, you guys are a tough crowd!

I'm going to be painting the tank this afternoon. I have a few more errands to run and then it's game on.

Started raining here before I got back from the last bit of errands. No paint on the tank. Yet again my dream is squashed by the weather.

LOL...actually I was out on a mission today that was tank related. Neilan is gonna yell at me when he reads this. I went to Leesburg VA to pick up a 30g trashcan full of base rock. Drove all the way there and someone snatched it up 30 minutes before I got there. I also went by Fins & Feathers while in the area and was sadly disappointed with the state of the store. It looked like a train wreck. Shame too because I really liked that store.

So as for updates on the reef. Nothing thus far. I have all the equipment, wiring and stuff needed for the leds. I've got them laid out and attached to the heat-sink, they need to be wired and encased. I've got a couple ideas on what I want to do there. I'm planning on taking Neilan's light hanging design and use it on my tank.

Nothing exciting to report yet. My little 10g FW planted tank is looking rather nice. I guess I should start a thread about it. I'm about to incorporate a diy co2 system for the plants. Anyway that's all I have for now.

Seriously? You came all the way to Leesburg and didn't so much as text me? For shame!

I know...it was a spur of the moment decision trying to get the rock that was snatched up before I got there. Turns out that Matt was in the area and got it 30 minutes before I got there. We were there and gone before you were off work so I didn't want to bug you. I felt bad about driving right by you. I was only there long enough to get disappointed and leave.

Oh crap!

Ok so here goes. I made a decision (along with the help of my apartment complex) to not do a reef tank in my new 54g corner. I have decided to go high-tech planted, FW.

I'll pause and allow you all to pick your jaws up off the floor.

ok...ready to continue???

There are several reasons why I decided to go FW planted rather than reef:

#1 My apartment complex said I was not allowed to do Salt Water.
#2 I don't have my heart 100% into doing a reef right now. I don't think I would be happy with it because of the tank size and shape.
#3 I don't have the money right now to do it how I want (FW is gonna be expensive too)
#4 I want a new challenge and something different right now.

So there you have it. I'm going to be a freshy for a while. When I have a place that is more SW friendly I will have that reef again. Right now I'm excited about the possibilities of learning something new and doing something I haven't done.

The planted tank is still going to use the LEDs so I'm going to find out if they will do well for planted FW. I don't see why they wont as the LEDs I have are 6500K and that seems to be the color temp that works well for growing plants. I'm still going to use the blues I have so that will help in bringing out the color in the fish. I also plan to increase from 20 LEDs to 48 total with a white/blue ratio of 2 (maybe 3)/1.

I guess that means I'll have to start a new thread in the FW forum. Lawd!

I know I know I know.....so that's the big news.

Well that's a bummer :(, but I understand. And planted tanks are pretty cool. Maybe we could swap some plants someday lol.

Wait.. so you can have a freshwater tank... but not a salt water tank... Whats the diff? You'll still have a bunch of water. lol

That's what I said. Apparently they allowed it before and whom ever had one made a huge mess with salt creep and just mess in general. So now you are allowed a FW tank but not SW. Ah well.

Back
Top Bottom