Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #21
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Probably have to build one. I'm too cheap to buy one of those silly prefab ones. Besides I want to drill it and have a sump so I will use the 29g tank below as sump. Should work out nicely. Might do my famous dual sump system with a 10g fuge plumbed as well.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #22
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Well I picked up the 40g Breeder today. I also snagged a 20L that I might use as part of my sump design. I haven't decided for sure on anything under the tank as yet.

I'm looking for a skimmer and have been out of the SW scene for a while so suggestions are great!

LEDs are on order and I picked up some programmable dimmers day/night/and lunar cycles. not sure if they will make much difference but we will see.

I already have salt/sand/rock/pumps...I'm considering a controller but haven't decided that either.

I have decided that I will be going high-tech on this system simply because I want as much automation as possible.

When I have help getting the tank upstairs I will post pics of it. More to come...

Old 01-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #23
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Awesome! Glad you went with it. Interested in your sump planning... got any crude paint sketches of what you have in mind?

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
Old 01-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #24
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
Awesome! Glad you went with it. Interested in your sump planning... got any crude paint sketches of what you have in mind?
Not yet but I have most of it and the plumbing worked out in my mind.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:30 PM   #25
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

So the order for the LEDs and drivers has been processed.

I ordered 14 3w Cool White Cree XP-G w/65 degree lens 14 XP-E Royal Blue 3w w/80 degree lens. To run them I ordered 2 meanwell dimmable driveres with a controller that allows for programing sunrise/sunset and intensity.

This week I will be working on the stand. I plan to build a stand that will allow for a dual sump setup and have clearance for a decent skimmer.

More to come...
Old 01-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #26
AA Team Emeritus

Interesting - curious as to the dual sump. Also curious to see what you get for recommendations for a skimmer. Following along.

"Listen to some of these guys talk, and it's like they were born from their momma's belly with a fishkeeping encyclopedia in one hand and an API kit in the other" (unrevealed).
Old 01-22-2012, 11:45 PM   #27
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I will have to dig through my old thread and post some pics of my dual sump setup. When I had my 120 up and running I had a dedicated 20g tall setup as a refugium, I had a 10g tank setup as a rubble filter and then I had the 40g tote with my skimmer in it.

I plan to have a 10g fuge on this system that flows into the return side of the 20g tank that will hold my skimmer and heaters. Depending on how I design the stand I will also try and incorporate an ATO system probably 5g.

I'm working on some drawings that I will post later this week. Also will post pics of the tank.

I have decided that I'm going to paint the back of this one black to really enhance and show off the colors of the corals.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:39 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak

I just got a reef octopus nwb-110 for my 40b. I got basically no bioload right now so its not pulling too much. But i got a half a cup of some pretty nasty stinky skimate in a few days. The thing i like about it is i gotta a lot of room to grow with it. Ill put a bubble blaster pump on it within a year. Then if i really feel like burning some money they got an automatic neck cleaner for it too.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #29
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAhner View Post
I just got a reef octopus nwb-110 for my 40b. I got basically no bioload right now so its not pulling too much. But i got a half a cup of some pretty nasty stinky skimate in a few days. The thing i like about it is i gotta a lot of room to grow with it. Ill put a bubble blaster pump on it within a year. Then if i really feel like burning some money they got an automatic neck cleaner for it too.
Thanks for the input. What do you think the advantage of your skimmer would be over the Vertex IN-100? I have actually been considering the one you got the Vertex and the Bubble Magus BM-NAC3.5. I missed the opportunity to pick up a nice Euro Reef but that is in the past..

More input would be great!!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #30
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Got some goodies in the mail today...

oooo.....ahhh....oooooo

Closed Thread

Tags
build, nano

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com