Ziggy's Nano Build (again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep on plugging away, i swear sometimes it feels like forever when I'm starting a new build.

Everything looks great so far, those lights are amazing! I could never even begin to fathom how to do that! :-D
lol

Keep on plugging away, i swear sometimes it feels like forever when I'm starting a new build.

Everything looks great so far, those lights are amazing! I could never even begin to fathom how to do that! :-D
lol

I am too close and have spent too much money to stop now! LOL

The canopy is complete..

012mcw.jpg

017gd.jpg

018ory.jpg

Last edited:
Ziggy953 said:
haha thanks!!

I'm open for business but shipping would be horribile

lol I'm sure it would be unless you're in the Pennsylvania/Maryland area
Edit**Wait you do live close to me lool I'm in Bowie, MD

I see the stand... but where are you? Doesn't look like you're on it to me.

It looks great. You really know your way around furniture building for sure.

I see the stand... but where are you? Doesn't look like you're on it to me.

It looks great. You really know your way around furniture building for sure.

LOL!!!

Thank you very much! Tomorrow I will have the stand completely finished. I want to put a second coat of paint and I have to actually put the tiles on the top. I will have to trim around them as well haven't decided exactly how I am going to do that but I want to get the tile down before I make up my mind.

All in all I'm pretty pleased with how this has turned out.

I'm blown away with how the stand and canopy look. Great job!!! Does your profession involve working with wood? Lol

You got the furniture building skills for sure! Why did you tile under the tank? Just curious. I wouldn't have but I do flooring from time to time. The stand might up stage the tank.

You got the furniture building skills for sure! Why did you tile under the tank? Just curious. I wouldn't have but I do flooring from time to time. The stand might up stage the tank.

Thanks!

I decided to go with tile because it adds interest to the stand. The tile looks very much like the inside of an oyster shell. Because the tank is small I am not concerned about the tile. These tiles are just under 1/4" thick. The top is nice and flat/level so there wont be any issues.

Wait til you see the hardware I have ordered for the doors...

Thanks redsea! Just give it a try you might surprise yourself. We all had to learn at some point. I've been building cabinets and furniture for about 12 years now.

Got the LEDs mounted in the canopy... I came up with an adjustable system so I can raise or lower the lights if I need to.

002sqn.jpg

001env.jpg

What do you think??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom