Ziggy's Nano Build (again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I didn't get quite as much done this weekend as I had planned. The tank, stand and canopy are in the house but that is as far as I've made it.

I have to drill the tank still and silicone the overflow in place. I will work on those minor tasks throughout the week.

This upcoming weekend is going to be a long one for me, I'm planning on taking next Monday and Tuesday off (12th and 13th). As I'm getting older I've decided not to work on my birthday. LOL

Anyway..oh yeah I almost forgot. I picked up a shrimp to drop in with the LR to get the bacteria blooming like mad.

Skimmer is due in on Wednesday...I think that's about it for now...

Quick update...

I'm off work for the next two weeks. Restructuring in the company so a 2 week paid vacation...yippy...It's not as great as it sounds...

Anyway with my new found time on my hands I decided to make some progress today...

Here's what I have done....

001vze.jpg

003lrh.jpg

004fes.jpg

So there are the holes in the tank....and here is what else I got taken care of today

005fzx.jpg

006tfs.jpg

48 hour dry time and I will water test.

My skimmer should be showing up any day now. I'm going to start planning out the plumbing. I hope to have water flowing through the tank this weekend...

Well it's time to water test the tank. The silicone job looks pretty good if I do say so myself. I'm allowing the tank to fill to see if I have any leaks. I don't expect to have any issues but better to double check first.

Tomorrow I will be off to Home Depot to pick up some plumbing parts. I also need more wire to finish up the lights and get them connected to the newly installed drivers and controller.

I am ordering another PC8 and the MLC from Digital Aquatics tomorrow. I expect my skimmer to come in today. Hopefully I will have water in the tank and the plumbing complete tomorrow/Saturday.

I'll post some pics in a bit of what I have complete so far...

Nice. How many pods are you ordering with the MLC? I think it comes with 2 but I have no idea how much of an area they light up. Let me know if you can please, been holding off on the MLC until I could find out.

Thanks!

Nice. How many pods are you ordering with the MLC? I think it comes with 2 but I have no idea how much of an area they light up. Let me know if you can please, been holding off on the MLC until I could find out.

Thanks!

The MLC will support 6 pods so I'm going to order an additional 2 but I've decided to get the MidnightRed to go with the nocturnal blues.....it should create a cool look. depending on how it goes I may add 2 more pods to max out the MLC..

So I got the baffles in the Sump. I have enough room to make a small fuge in the sump and will also have the dedicated 5g fuge down the road. Right now the little chamber (about 4.5g) will serve as my fuge.

My sump is set up as follows...

1st: Skimmer Section bubble trap (3 baffles OUO configuration)
2nd: Fuge section
3rd: Return section about 6.5g

The tank is almost full of newly made RO/DI...I'm going to let it sit over night to bring it to temp and double check the tank for leaks then dump salt in and get things mixed up.

Here are a few pics....

RO/DI going into the tank
002tsm.jpg

003qzw.jpg

005df.jpg

006lqd.jpg

And here is my 20g Long sump...baffles installed..not perfect but they will get the job done...now they have to set up for 36-48 hours....

009mrs.jpg

Pumas are one of my favorite kinds of socks, they are very compfortable, LOL.

That's the only socks I wear....

Back to the tank..

The baffles are set in the sump...looks decent.

I picked up the rest of the plumbing today. I also ordered a custom made Durso Standpipe, should be here Monday or Tuesday.

I'm draining the tank now so I can level the stand. After filling the the tank the stand is slightly out of level and I want it perfect. So the water is coming out and I will shim the stand, refill, add salt, and then put sand in the tank...I expect to have the rock in the tank tomorrow.

Great thread Zig. That stand looks great, and the LEDs look great too! I love the tile, and the color. Good work. You need to get those Octopus pulls installed!

Man, we are neck and neck in the marathon to water :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom