Ziggy's Nano Build (again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy953

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone!!

It has been a while since I was in the SW scene but it is now time to get salty again!

I have been kicking the idea around of starting up my Nano Cube as a mini reef and I just kicked the idea into action.

I've been on the hunt for some components and thought I would go ahead and start up a thread to chronicle the journey.

What I have so far:

1 - 24g JBJ Nano Cube
2 - Salt mix
3 - RO/DI system
4 - Test kits
5 - Sand
6 - Heaters and misc other items

Need:

Refractometer
LEDs for another custom built LED lighting system
MP10 for flow
Small return pump (Don't think the MAG18 will work for this application)
Stand for the tank to sit on (might build might buy)
Other stuff I am sure that I cant think of right now...

So let the journey begin!

Talk to you soon!

Ziggy

Right now the tank is sitting in my garage. I have pics of it somewhere, trust me, nothing to look at right now...this is in the super early stages.

Good to see you back on the salty scene. You are one of the first threads that I read on this site about your tank that broke. I have finally started a 29 gallon saltwater build, partially because of you. I cant wait to see yours come to fruition. Welcome back to the salty side!

Good to see you back on the salty scene. You are one of the first threads that I read on this site about your tank that broke. I have finally started a 29 gallon saltwater build, partially because of you. I cant wait to see yours come to fruition. Welcome back to the salty side!

Thanks a lot! Congrats on getting a tank going!

I'm looking forward to having a SW tank again!!

Ok so here is the question I am facing.

Do I use the 24g Nano Cube or do I use the 29g drilled tank that I have??

What do you guys think?

Hmm...well that still doesnt help since I didn't say anything about a 28g. Did you mean the 29 and what do you mean about cost savings???

That is a 28g-4g (aka, I meant 24 cube). Unless you have all the equipment for both... then it sounds like the 29g would be a better bet. Either way, you're getting a really cool fireplace decoration out of the deal!

That is a 28g-4g (aka, I meant 24 cube). Unless you have all the equipment for both... then it sounds like the 29g would be a better bet. Either way, you're getting a really cool fireplace decoration out of the deal!

I have the stuff for the 29 for sure the nano cube is a question mark...I am leaning towards the 29 simply because I can incorporate a sump and fuge on the system easily. You know how I love to go natural on my systems. Maybe I have already made my decision but want to get some input from everyone else.

So...I will put you down for the 280g cube that we can swim in....got it LOL

So I have ordered a few things.

Refractometer is on the way, I just placed an order for more LEDs to build a new light for the SW tank.

I have decided to use the 29g drilled tank so I can use a sump and have a fuge, I plan on using a 20g tall for the sump/fuge. Who knows maybe I will go nuts and do a dual sump setup with fuge. Not sure yet.

I picked up a good bit of LR (though dried out for the most part) on Friday from Fisheggs, thanks buddy for hanging on to that rock for so long!

I need to get a tote or something to start cooking the rock in. I wonder how many heaters it would take to keep the water at a decent temp in my garage....

Anyway, more updates to come...

Stuff is starting to show up...got this today..

001gpj.jpg

002rdf.jpg

004she.jpg

More stuff on order.... LEDS...dimmable programable drivers...3W each...hmmmm

Alright it's gonna be nice you always have great tanks. But what took you so long? Well anyways I'm gonna setup my 28 bowfront iin feb. so I'll be tagging along.

So I may have changed my mind again on the tank. I figure if I'm going to go with a normal tank I may as well take advantage of the $1 per gallon sale and go with a 40g breeder....Thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom