Zoa Addicts Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got these new zoas what are they called?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Awesome there from the Northern Territory and seem to be quiet expensive here I got these for free but there about $10 a polyp

Pretty much any solid colored zoa with the bright green mouth is PE morph, I've got some of the purples

Does anyone know what these are? I have had them for a while and they have grown so much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1427301031698.jpg
    1427301031698.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 119
Does anyone know what these are? I have had them for a while and they have grown so much.

Ok found out from a fellow zoa addict that the name of these are Emerald Sunrise.

Got a little shell rock with about 12 poylps on it and it is blue with reddish tan edges so I am thinking it is a Blue Tubbs, will get a pic soon, got it for 8. my friend bought it for me at the Colorado Aquarium Society, and it was a mystery because it was closed up!

Got a little shell rock with about 12 poylps on it and it is blue with reddish tan edges so I am thinking it is a Blue Tubbs, will get a pic soon, got it for 8. my friend bought it for me at the Colorado Aquarium Society, and it was a mystery because it was closed up!

$8.00?? If its Tubbs you got one heck of a deal! Even if it isn't its a good deal. Heck, thats probably pretty reasonable for a solid brown zoa. Can't wait to see a photo of it, I love the mystery polyps.

$8.00?? If its Tubbs you got one heck of a deal! Even if it isn't its a good deal. Heck, thats probably pretty reasonable for a solid brown zoa. Can't wait to see a photo of it, I love the mystery polyps.

It looked blue when it was open last night, today not when it was wide open - but will show both pics. Tried a black light and nothing, though the Pinwheels lit right up and the mean greens or whatever they are glowed too.

Moved over the Current LED to see the differences in color, and basically when it closed up from the light movement it was really blue, so maybe the base/outside is more blue and the inside more pink, and the frill was lighter and very wiggly shaped. Will load pics late tonight, off to work now, it shows the same exact lighting and the completely different color blue mostly closed and then pale color open. Heck, I am up for a surprise. It was a gift so even better. :D

Also will show pics of the green one and the Pinwheels frags. Yipee!

It looked blue when it was open last night, today not when it was wide open - but will show both pics. Tried a black light and nothing, though the Pinwheels lit right up and the mean greens or whatever they are glowed too.

Moved over the Current LED to see the differences in color, and basically when it closed up from the light movement it was really blue, so maybe the base/outside is more blue and the inside more pink, and the frill was lighter and very wiggly shaped. Will load pics late tonight, off to work now, it shows the same exact lighting and the completely different color blue mostly closed and then pale color open. Heck, I am up for a surprise. It was a gift so even better. :D

Also will show pics of the green one and the Pinwheels frags. Yipee!

Sounds good, can't wait to see.

Sorry about the pic quality :( They DO look better in person.

Here is the new one, not going to be a Tubbs. See how blue it looks in this pic...
60074-albums14227-picture68677.jpg

Then here
60074-albums14227-picture68676.jpg

Then here...the lone one looks a little different but not completely different. Now fully opened - all different color.
So outside body is bluish but not the rest!
60074-albums14227-picture68674.jpg

Here is the Pinwheels under Black light (just for the pic)
60074-albums14227-picture68673.jpg

daylight
60074-albums14227-picture68675.jpg

Here is the green one which isn't really open all the way but took the pic anyway, I had just bumped the tank, think is Radioactive Dragon eyes. It was the only one pretty much unscathed by the 12G apocalypse, other than the offending / warring colony
60074-albums14227-picture68678.jpg

Hi Autumn,

I love the blue tubbs as well. Definitely one of my favorite zoas. Here is a picture of the frag I have and Its been growing really well.

Attachments

• 1427743651029.jpg
    1427743651029.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 128
Back
Top Bottom