Zoa Addicts Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was amazed the guy wanted to swap mauls go for $50pp here now to sit back let them grow and watch the money roll in ??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I was amazed the guy wanted to swap mauls go for $50pp here now to sit back let them grow and watch the money roll in ??

That is amazing Dary. Good luck with them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just got a email from saltwaterfish I won there random lottery pool promotion for memorial day
I placed a order on friday got a email this morning I won this !!!
brain-coral-moon-favites-1.jpg

now who has time to complain lol

Just got a email from saltwaterfish I won there random lottery pool promotion for memorial day
I placed a order on friday got a email this morning I won this !!!
brain-coral-moon-favites-1.jpg

now who has time to complain lol

Nice! That's a huge colony too! Hope you got room for it! :)

If I were to enter the saltwater part of the aquarium hobby, would zoas be a good place to start?

Yes IMO ZOA's would be a good coral to start out with. Just read up about them to make sure you are providing the right kind of environment for them. You want to try and mimic their natural environment on the reef as much as possible. The most important functions in any reef system is water chemistry, lighting and water flow. There are a lot of people here on the forum that can help you get started, you just have to ask questions and give as much detail as possible. Good luck with your endeavor.

Yes IMO ZOA's would be a good coral to start out with. Just read up about them to make sure you are providing the right kind of environment for them. You want to try and mimic their natural environment on the reef as much as possible. The most important functions in any reef system is water chemistry, lighting and water flow. There are a lot of people here on the forum that can help you get started, you just have to ask questions and give as much detail as possible. Good luck with your endeavor.

Thanks!

Yes, I too have bitten by the zoa bug...LOL

92584-albums13974-picture68932.jpg

My rock that I'm hoping gets covered.

92584-albums13974-picture68928.jpg

actinic only
camera really doesn't capture how bright those orange ones are;

92584-albums13974-picture68929.jpg

a little zoa/shroom frag. This was the most expensive one at $30, but it has at least two more mushrooms on the other side just starting to stick out. All the other frags I got for only $10 each.

92584-albums13974-picture68930.jpg

Just picked this one up yesterday for $10;

92584-albums13974-picture68927.jpg

the other side of the rock is covered as well and there are at least 3 types on there, maybe more, they haven't all opened up yet.

Spacefish just remember they can be toxic and you must use caution and appropriate hand and eye protection to be safe and keep pets and small children away when working on the tank.

Amen to that. You don't have to treat them like they are radioactive, but be cautious as they have ruined the day of more than one aquarist.

What are symptoms or signs that one should be aware of.
Last night after a couple of hours of mucking around rearranging rocks/frags I suddenly had a bit of a dizzy spell and had to sit for a while.
Unfortunately I tend to forget stuff like gloves when playing with the tank...LOL

Spacefish just remember they can be toxic and you must use caution and appropriate hand and eye protection to be safe and keep pets and small children away when working on the tank.

Thanks Autumn. I forgot to mention that in my post.

What are symptoms or signs that one should be aware of.
Last night after a couple of hours of mucking around rearranging rocks/frags I suddenly had a bit of a dizzy spell and had to sit for a while.
Unfortunately I tend to forget stuff like gloves when playing with the tank...LOL

Google Palytoxin poisoning and you will find all the information you need to know. I ware gloves whenever messing around with ZOA's just as a precaution. Better to be safe then sorry.

Back
Top Bottom