Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-08-2015, 08:11 PM   #561
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Here's my measly collection of zoanthids haha. I have a few others but I like these. I'm planning on ordering some more soon.

I think these are radioactive dragon eyes.

And I'm really not sure what these are, I did post a thread about it but nothing was conclusive lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 04-08-2015, 10:59 PM   #562
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyxandria View Post
Here's my measly collection of zoanthids haha. I have a few others but I like these. I'm planning on ordering some more soon.

And I'm really not sure what these are, I did post a thread about it but nothing was conclusive lol.

Yes those are radioactive dragon eyes. There other favor blue hornets except the rings seem to bleed out a bit. Very nice though. There are 2 types of blue hornets that I know of. The African kind is the really nice pricey ones, the others I think are Indonesian, not 100%

Old 04-09-2015, 02:51 AM   #563
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyxandria View Post

Well the ones in the second pic are truly gorgeous! You have to start some where. And keeping them alive and happy is the most important part of the process.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:52 AM   #564
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice looking ZOA's you have there Alexandria. I really like the vibrancy of that blue and green one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 04-09-2015, 11:50 AM   #565
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha! I'm a FW invader! Actually, I just wanted to tell people how beautiful those all are.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:21 PM   #566
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

was so ready for my order , just to find out they were put on hold to Monday due to all them tornadoes , hope everyone out that way are ok
Old 04-10-2015, 07:30 PM   #567
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
was so ready for my order , just to find out they were put on hold to Monday due to all them tornadoes , hope everyone out that way are ok
Very disappointing yet understandable. Wouldn't want there to be Zoas flying through the air. "We got Z's..." Or stuck somewhere.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 04-16-2015, 12:06 AM   #568
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

all my zoa's supposed to be here by noon once I get everything in place and opened up Ill get picts going , got a bunch today too , blasto , pulsing xiena , small toad stool , star matt coral , duncins , and a really cool unidentified coral , it's like a tree limb covered in polyps that almost look like feather dusters , still waiting for all these to open , a lot of plunging tomorrow and some other little tricks using coral skeletons , going to be a busy day tomorrow also need to rearrange a few corals I got tonight since I don't like where I placed them
Old 04-16-2015, 01:24 AM   #569
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Wow! Sounds amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
all my zoa's supposed to be here by noon once I get everything in place and opened up Ill get picts going , got a bunch today too , blasto , pulsing xiena , small toad stool , star matt coral , duncins , and a really cool unidentified coral , it's like a tree limb covered in polyps that almost look like feather dusters , still waiting for all these to open , a lot of plunging tomorrow and some other little tricks using coral skeletons , going to be a busy day tomorrow also need to rearrange a few corals I got tonight since I don't like where I placed them

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 04-20-2015, 06:55 PM   #570
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

well thanks to a certain carrier over 1/2 my coral arrived dead or shall I say frozen
arrive by 12pm deadline became a 6pm delivery ,
I salvaged as much as I could but I am still going after the carrier for there major screw up and neglagince
here are some picts of what I was able to salvage there not dead but look horrible
among other things that went south lol
excuse the picts as my camera went for a swim its amazing it still works somewhat
no longer has a focus

matt coral

don't know what it is looks like feather dusters coming out of a coral stalk I just think it's cool

I lost over 1/2 of what I ordered , salvaged what I could some seem to be coming around but I think it will take a while before they fully recover
I was up almost all night going through all the zoa's and palys saving what I could

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com