Zoa Addicts Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi guys, does anyone know what these full hot pinks are called? They're much brighter than any other zoa or coral I've ever seen. They're from Cairns, Australia
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418628537.154891.jpg

Hey Daryl, might do soon, just put in the tank today so will see how they go ? might swap- you guys have some great blues!

They're just button polyps. They were stressed in that pic they've filled in a lot better since then

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok here is a couple shots from above. Camera would not cooperate but I did get one of the blowpop zoas that are impossible to get a photo of otherwise.(1st pic)

jHgGMO0.jpg

ic4wU3X.jpg

xRRRE58.jpg

kCi1XEu.jpg

NDB5VhW.jpg

Also does anyone know a name for the zoas in the 2nd photo? Here is a better picture of them. They look like mellowed out dragon eyes with blue in them.

xeM8mit.jpg

Wow Paul!! Those are beautiful, I don't know what those blue ones are but they are gorgeous!

Here is a picture of my purple hornet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1418759463805.jpg
    1418759463805.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 68
How much do you guys think feeding zoas matters?

How much do you guys think feeding zoas matters?

I don't feed my zoas. Unless they happen to get food that is suspended in the water column which I have yet to notice. IME they all they need is a good light source.

New blue Zoas...

Little colony of what was said to be Blue Hornets for 29.26, Don't see the ring in it. Pic to follow if they open tonight, otherwise maybe tomorrow night :brows:. Really was looking for a Blue Mushroom or Pom Pom Crab, lol and then I was lured in for this instead. Actually was looking for something Blue.

Not sure what it is but it WAS blue! It seems to have the yellow and blue skirt and a grey white eye and pale blue purplish color to it and haven't noticed a ring like the Blue Hornets I have seen in the pics. Kinda like a blue tubbs but with a bit /circle of yellow in the bluish red/purplish skirt. Ok just looked again and the lower half seem to have the yellow ring and the ones on top don't (yet?).

I feel very frustrated that ID isn't very easy, pics on google aren't that specific.

Maybe tomorrow it will calm down and color up. Also I have 50/50 lights and not just the actinic, so it would look much brighter blue I think. I am hoping to get my light soon.

Edit...tried the blues on my other light and it was easy to see the eye and ring in almost all of them!!!

Last edited:
Little colony of what was said to be Blue Hornets for 29.26, Don't see the ring in it. Pic to follow if they open tonight, otherwise maybe tomorrow night :brows:. Really was looking for a Blue Mushroom or Pom Pom Crab, lol and then I was lured in for this instead. Actually was looking for something Blue.

Not sure what it is but it WAS blue! It seems to have the yellow and blue skirt and a grey white eye and pale blue purplish color to it and haven't noticed a ring like the Blue Hornets I have seen in the pics. Kinda like a blue tubbs but with a bit /circle of yellow in the bluish red/purplish skirt. Ok just looked again and the lower half seem to have the yellow ring and the ones on top don't (yet?).

I feel very frustrated that ID isn't very easy, pics on google aren't that specific.

Maybe tomorrow it will calm down and color up. Also I have 50/50 lights and not just the actinic, so it would look much brighter blue I think. I am hoping to get my light soon.

I've seen some red hornets kinda loose their rings before. Either way can't wait to see what you got. I love the blues!

Back
Top Bottom