Zoa Addicts Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are a few scientifically documented varieties of the Palys and zoas which do not contain palytoxin. It is difficult to find the information but it is out there.

What are symptoms or signs that one should be aware of.
Last night after a couple of hours of mucking around rearranging rocks/frags I suddenly had a bit of a dizzy spell and had to sit for a while.
Unfortunately I tend to forget stuff like gloves when playing with the tank...LOL

Yea I tend to never where gloves but I am extremely careful handling things. Here is an article I read a while back. He boiled some, but the symptoms are serious and he explains it well in his own experiences.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blo...-poisoning-almost-killed-myself-wife-and-dogs

Palytoxin can cause cause serious health problems and even death. If you think you may have came in contact with the poison then I wouldn't hesitate to seek medical attention immediately. Problem is most doctors aren't very familiar with it because they probably don't freak with it often if ever in their career, unless you live by the ocean I suppose. I may be a hypocrite, but play it safe with these corals!

My zoa garden, actinics only. Need to fill the open space with some different ones!

I49g4iD.jpg

Okay addict...

Paul, it looks stunning!!! And "what open space?", lol!

But I can stop.... if I wanted too. ;) All the space on the top of the photo! I want to pack the color in! I wish I wouldn't have let those dragon eyes take up as much room as they did though.

Hard to get a good pic but check out this polyp on my Zoas 2 mouths one polyp

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

should be able to see my Yellow and Orange Zoanthids for this pic. Maybe the Eagles too. I call the yellow one my SpongeBob Zoas:flowers:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 112
Need some ID on some zoas I just got on eBay. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434470182.636514.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434470204.728097.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434470216.669620.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Got my first zoas yesterday, they are so pretty and can I please have an id on them
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434651936.936277.jpg

55 gallon fowlr soon to be reef

Here are some Orange Bam Bam's that I picks up from a LFS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1434919444708.jpg
    1434919444708.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 69
God I despise named corals....

Reminds me of the 90s when we had LFS saying "This is the True Blue Mobious Dirty Sanchez Fireblaster Zoanthid LE" Limited edition until the next shipment.

Come on. Zoanthids should be classified by their Genus species base color, polyp color, and center coloration not something like Jason Fox Superman Iceblaster Elite

Back
Top Bottom