Zoanthids loosing color?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DOn't bother taking a sample to the LFS for Ph testing. The Ph in your sample water will change rather quickly once out of the tank and it is likely the results you get from the LFS will be inaccurate. Get a good kit and test at home.

JPUCKETT said:
I have a calcium reactor on the tank as well.

A good rule of thumb is don't put anything in the tank that you don't have a test kit for. My guess is your pH is so high because your reactor isn't set up quite right. You need to test for alkalinity also, as I imagine that number is way off also. It should be in the 8-12 dKH range.

I've found that for basic tests such as pH, ammonia, nitrites/nitrates that API tests are a great value. Easy to do, pretty accurate, and pretty cheap. For the other tests such as Calcium and Alkalinity, Salifert is definitely the best. You'll want test kits for all these things, and probably a Phosphate test if you're keeping a bunch of corals.

As others have mentioned, don't drop that pH too fast. I'm surprised you're not having other issues with a pH that high.

I GOT A NEW PH TEST KIT AND IT IS 8.2 I HAVE TO GET A NEW PROBE FOR MY AQUA CONTROLLER II. I WAS HOPING MY PH WASNT AS HIGH AS STATED BEFORE!

Back
Top Bottom