Zoanthids...Whose got em.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Teri, those are great!! I really like the fire zos!!

Here is a couple more colonies I have, the first, as well as one of the previously pictured, were frags from Teri ;)

Zos from RL
DSCN5224.jpg

Green Zos
DSCN5222.jpg

Avocado Zos (these are the same from the previous post, just opened better)
DSCN5225.jpg

Avocado Zos under actinic
DSCN5219.jpg

OK - that's it. I'm going to have to do a nano-reef just so I can have some zoos! I am so jealous! Especially the avocado zoos under the actinic lights... wow!

Here's some of ours, although I love the avocado ones that Kevin has, those are beautifull!

We got all these from The Logical Reef quite a while ago and they've really taken off.

Here's a couple more, the clown is a ham likes to always get in the pic, these zoos came with waving hand coral but choked that out, which is sad it was really beautiful.

The other picture is some zoos that have really taken off too, some have the starburst center look to them also but I couldn't get a real good shot.

I really want to share some orange ones I have that also have a pink coral that I'm still not sure what it is, they are extremely retracted right now, I'll try and get a good shot sometime.

Very cool!!

Joey,
I love your Zos, but if those are GSP sitting next to them....my GSP has just about wiped out one of my colonies 8O

Salt4Us,
I really like the Zos in the first pic, they are fantastic!! Can't wait to see the others ;)

Well as for my GSP they dont even look as good as they do in that pic(and they dont look to good there lol). The stupid algae took em over and by the time i got it under control they were all just about gone.

Logan, Where did you get the bright orange zoo's? I am ready to get some after reading this thread!

Why do my zoo's look like crap compared to everyone elses.. Kinda bums me out.. Is it just a different species??? Or???

James

cj10488 said:
Why do my zoo's look like crap compared to everyone elses.. Kinda bums me out.. Is it just a different species??? Or???

James

Apparently you heven't seen mine. :roll:

hehe

I don't think they look bad at all - just still taking some time to acclimate to your tank. Actually, they're a nice color - I think you'll be really pleased with them when they fully open. Get them in a spot where they receive a lot of light, and medium-high flow/current. Give them a gentle blowing-off with a turkey baster to remove any settled detritus, then maybe squirt them with a wash of liquified raw seafood. I'll bet you'll have them all opening in no time.

Good luck - can't wait to see what they 'really' look like!

I agree I think the spot has a lot to do with it, my 2 very small cents worth, I agree with RL, my little guys didn't want to open until I found the "right" spot for them which is, stuck into the sponge.

They didn't like being in my substrate. Perhaps because of constant crab harassment. I also feed them everything that I feed my anemones and they seem to eat it all.

P.S. I even saw my tube anemone eat a piece of caulerpa once.. I am dead serious... I tried to get it to eat another piece but it rejected it. hehe

anyway that was off topic. :roll:

I just got some new ones. Reefrunner has put me on the zoo kick. Every time I go to the LFS, I check to see if that have any polyps on the sandbed.

This one was closed and looked like a brown pill in the corner of a tank. Little did I know it was neon orange.

zoo_orange_20031222.jpg

I bought these and half fell off the rock on the way home. It was a bad glue job, but it gave me a bunch of frags right away. In a month that rock will be covered.

zoos_mintpurp_20031215.jpg

I bought these for very cheap because most were closed up. They opened up right when I dropped them in my tank. This picture was taken about 5 mintues after putting them in.

zoos_greenline.jpg

I am always looking to get some variety in my tank. If anybody has some frags to trade, let me know.

Back
Top Bottom