Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-24-2009, 04:44 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's Okay to go slow. My latest tank makes Makes 1 year old today. YEA!!!
I am still running with the bare mini. of equipment, but all is good. In the year I have lost 2 fish both from carpet surfing. I have a screen lid on now and that stopped that problem. I am slowly buying things that make life easier on day to day life with a reef tank. ATO's, Timers, reactors and such.
It's fun to go slow. That way you can enjoy the transformation of the tank into a reef.
TC

Old 04-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to divedeep1689
oh it sure is fun to watch it change i remember when i got into this hobby my first tank was a christmas gift and i always wanted a salt water tank but knew little about them very little nothing actually and the pet store gave my parents gravel substrate well i didnt know so i used that for months i had to buy a hydrometer after trying to figure out how to know my salt level and doing research on that tool in a book, then i found out about live rock pet store didnt tell them about that either lol so i went a month on no live rock and dyeing damsels everyday then i got my live rock which was cool lol then i went on vacation and came back and my tank was a disaster!! so i started over with sand bottom and lots more live rock, after that i bought my bigger tank 55 gal and started all over next christmas i got my new toy for my tank my lighting system and so started my first corals and anenomemy first coral a zoanthus green and my anenome a seabae may he rest in peace. and now here i am a big leather toadstool and one small one , one leather tree 3 mushroom corals and two zoanthus colonies and one budding new one and a condy anenome along the way i can see my mistakes ; the gravel,the rock,the vacation lol,overcrowding, purchase of a seaclone protien skimmer,tank floods, infrewquent water changes, and lots lots more. lol but you cant learn without trying and i look back at my tank now and i feel like its come a long way.

special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
divedeep1689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:36 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

The orange with green skirt started with 3 or 5 polyps I can't remember now. But this is what they have grown into over 6 or so months.

The other colonies started out the same way. Just a few polyps and they spread like mad. I have other colonies of each growing in other parts of the tank.

Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:57 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

ziggy the color on that zoanthus is amazing that is actually wat i was looking for when i got my first zoanthus my green one but out here were i live its hard to come by middle alabama but it really started with just a few polys thats amazing i heard they grew fast but wow i hope my one polyp guy does that here is a pic of the mother colony the polyps dont seem to be connected in anyway but on the same rock
special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:58 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Tags
zoanthus

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com