Zoas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ninjafish40

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had a small cluster of zoas for months now (at least 5 months) they have not spread at allImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390327930.222625.jpg
Any ideas?
All my params are all good

It takes time for any coral to spread. I would be more interested on if they and the GSP near them have been closed up for long. If so, that would be one reason they aren't spreading and I would look into why this is the case. If it isn't a parameter issue, though posting them would be helpful, I would try a different spot with different flow and lighting.

They look like there reaching for light Try moving them up higher in the tank

okay what kind of lights are they under? I have the same kind mine took off when i switched over to LED's also spot feeding with mysis helps

I've been spot feeding and I've had them under LEDs for all this time

What kinda LEDs do you have I have the same coral and mine are all laying flat and my are spreading pretty good

Not sure if the specs I know it's got blues mixed with whites and there's 70 something of them lol
Found it on eBay

That's a real weak light! Definitly not enough for most corals!

What's your tank size and what kind of coral do you want to have?

36 bow front
And just some zoas and a couple leathers a frogspawn with a duncan and some palys

What did you pay for the light? I have a similar size tank and looking to replace my 30 watt orbit! Just not going to be enough to keep everything growing

How wide is your tank? And how much do you want to spend! Lol

100$ ish
I think it's 60 ish wide I'm Layin down and too lazy to get up to measure

I also have a fluorescent light fixture that came with the tank will that be better ?

Back
Top Bottom