Zoas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shrimpandram

Aquarium Advice Activist
How do I take my zoa off of the rock and glue it to my lr?
What kinds of glue can I use to glue the rock?

You want to use 100% cyanoacrylate. Super glue gel works the best as it will 'cure' quick with minor exposure to water without running. When I run out, I usually grab some Loctite from the store when I'm out getting groceries.

You want to use 100% cyanoacrylate. Super glue gel works the best as it will 'cure' quick with minor exposure to water without running. When I run out, I usually grab some Loctite from the store when I'm out getting groceries.

Image1495491498.167385.jpg

Will this be fine?

I do see it does say cyanoacrylate but not 100% so I would think twice , like it is always said when in doubt throw it out . but in this case you can keep it for other projects , I am very fond of locktite gel works great 100% cyanoacrylate and never had any issues with it.

How do I take my zoa off of the rock and glue it to my lr?
let me first ask this if they are already mounted to a rock why not just place the rock where you want it , unless your meaning a frag plug but even with frag plugs you can mount them directly to your rock over time zoa's will grow over the plug anyway and you would never know it was there. almost every piece in this pict is on a frag plug notice the plugs just disappear . there are a few that have not fully grown over yet but they will

img_3444135_0_e529d5b0391e5438acf10cf4b3f58902.jpg

now when fragging I always use a sharp straight edge razor or scalpel , cut as close to the rock as you can
using tweezers once you set glue where you want them and move them arranging how you like.

now since your working with zoa's be sure you wear eye protection and gloves in a well ventilated area safety is #1, when finished be sure to wash with a anti bacterial soap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom