Zoas/Lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joeyswife

Aquarium Advice Regular
My zoas are getting taller. The lfs said it was because they aren't getting enough light. I've had to move some due to my duncans getting very big. I've put them higher on my live rock, that's the only place to put them. I haven't checked my water parameters in 2 weeks but this has been going on for the past 4 months, the zoas were buttons but are now on stalks. I have a short tentacle plate,trumpet, and dendro and they are doing fine.

My lights are 3-4 years old, 2 Coralife HO t5 and 2 Corlaife atinic blue Ho t5. I also have a Marineland 30" LED White and Blue bulbs. Do I need new HO t5 bulbs ?
:thanks:
Jill

I changed my t5s every 4 months, the older they get the more off the spectrum they put out is. I had much more light demanding corals than just z's though, also old bulbs tend to fuel algae growth

it gets expensive fast $20/$50 a bulb depending on size ect
that's why most fish keepers switched over to LEDS
and they never need replace for at-least 10 + years and you can get a nice led fixture under $150. less than the cost to replace bulbs 1X in your current fixture

Back
Top Bottom