Zoas Morphing, should I frag?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so I had some pretty ugly looking zoas. They are red with blue centers, and a colorless skirt. Under blue light, the skirt is orange. I noticed a few zoas morphed into rasta coloring!!!!! From the rastas I've seen, they arent actually rasta colored. These zoas are green centers with a yellow and a red ring. However the skirt is still colorless. Should I split these new rastas up and put them on their own frag disk? I have 5 but only 2 are open (on opposite sides of the colony of course). What do you think?

You could...I'd wait until you get more heads. My general belief is that 1-2 heads don't do as well being fragged as more...but that might just be because mine are shipped across the country too.

You could...I'd wait until you get more heads. My general belief is that 1-2 heads don't do as well being fragged as more...but that might just be because mine are shipped across the country too.

Thanks sniper! I just worry that if I don't split them up, it'll go back to its old boring color.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Nope. If my lights were on I could show you the frag plug I have of some common zoas that morphed to a darker green. It happens. Sometimes even changing light does it.

Here's the zoas. The ones with the green center are the morphs. They have a slight yellow ring that you can't really see.

Doesn't look like much of a Rastas coloring to me.
Rastas are extremely bright and colorful.
I remember reading something about the pigments in the corals zooxanthelle is what makes the different color. They can pick up pigments in the water or change coloration from the lights.
I wouldn't get your hopes up too high.

Doesn't look like much of a Rastas coloring to me.
Rastas are extremely bright and colorful.
I remember reading something about the pigments in the corals zooxanthelle is what makes the different color. They can pick up pigments in the water or change coloration from the lights.
I wouldn't get your hopes up too high.
I mean they have the color of the Rastafarian movement flag... and if tyree can have his own Rastas, I can too :)

Here's the zoas. The ones with the green center are the morphs. They have a slight yellow ring that you can't really see.

Those are whammin watermelon. Mine do the same thing. Some of the centers on mine are solid green.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom