Zoa's with Great Power comes Great Responsibilty...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nkim1994

Aquarium Advice Regular
So Obtained first Zoas after researching them! LFS gave me a great deal! Any Idea what the colour morphs are?

Well lets say I didnt research the Toxin enough. My LFS when he gave them to me, just put hi hand in there and grabbed them, did the same thing dipping them/ putting in tank!

Well, I used Kitchen rubber gloves that go to my elbows, decided to move the red/green (left ones) Farther from green and noticed a mucus. Immediately i looked at tiles on desk, threw the tiles in a plastic bag. Washed my hands thoroughly, but gloves back on to move the red/green one.

Must of got in my glove or water column, had unknown cut, index finger numb hand tingled then spread to body and legs. Heart rate up, chills, dizzy, kina like passing out. Read more on the toxin, an others encounter, informed housemates, we called poisen control.

Well, didnt need an ER trip, Tingling subsided 5+ hours, checked vitals, told them if I throw up we need to go ER. Nausea and headache gone but now im just sore today!

Just be careful, apparently I wasnt enough, do you think I should run carbon on my Tank incase the PalyToxin is in the water column?
Its been over 12 hours since this happened, slept most of it off.

It didnt kill other Zoa or my 8pointed Green star Frag... But I wanted to add Hifin goby pistol shrimp and a cleaner today...maybe I should hold off?

Well Im better now but it sure was scary! Getting shoulder length gloves! Be careful please! Read accounts of dogs getting into Zoas and passin, I have a sugar glider was worried all night about her!

Attachments

• 12418862_984406958272745_4341690142574969713_o.jpg
    12418862_984406958272745_4341690142574969713_o.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom