2008 Schedule for the Pittsburgh Marine Aquarium Society

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steven Pro

Aquarium Advice Activist
Jan. 26 - Coral Propagation Workshop

Feb. 23 - Chuck Stotelmeyer on Keeping Non-Photosynthetic Corals and Other Filter Feeders

*Bonus Meeting at the Pittsburgh Zoo - Must be a member in good standing to attend*
March 1 - Rich Terrell on Life Support Systems

March 29 - Kelly Maers on the Penn State Aquarium & Related Experiments

April 26 - Adam Cesnales on Designing a Refugium to Work Harder

May 31 - Matt Wittenrich on Breeding and Rearing Marine Fishes

June 28 - Jim Black on Diving in the Indo-Pacific

July 26 - Chris Jury on Carbonate Chemistry in the Aquarium: Making Sense of Calcium, Alkalinity, Magnesium, Carbon Dioxide and pH (tentative)

Aug. 30 - Steven Pro on The Greenhouse Two Years Later (tentative)

Sept. 27 - MACNA XX Review

Oct. 25 - John Coppolino on Rare & Unusual Angelfishes (tentative)

Dec. 6 - Mega Raffle

Hi Steven! Thanks for posting this schedule! It's great to have some activity in our forum!

Edit: Congratulations to you and the rest of the PMASI for hosting a great MACNA XIX!

Last edited:
That sounds exciting I would love to attend some stuff like that. It is too bad there really isn't anything similar in the seattle area.(at least that I know about)

Our next meeting is Saturday, February 23rd, about a week and a half away. It will be held as usual at the Radisson Inn in Monroeville beginning at 6:00 PM. Our guest speaker for the month is Chuck Stottlemire of Cleveland, Ohio. Chuck will be speaking on his attempts to keep various non-photosynthetic corals and other filter feeders. As a sneak peak, you can take a look at an article on Chuck's aquarium and his work here, Report on a Successful Husbandry Method for a General Azooxanthellate Reef System including Dendronephthya by Charles Matthews - Reefkeeping.com Hope to see some of you all there!

So how was chuck's presentation? I eat at that Radisson all the time. I think I would like to start going to some of these things. Unfortunately I have an engagement party to attend this Saturday so I couldn't go to the thing at the zoo.

How do I become a member in good standing (my posture is horrible) and is it a member of MACNA, MASNA, or PMASI.

Back
Top Bottom