Another So. Jersey Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bstnrdsx

Aquarium Advice Regular
From where I live, it is roughly 40 minutes to get to any local fish store. I see that I have The Hidden Reef in Levittown PA, Aquarium Center in Blackwood, or East Coast Aquatics in Prospect Park PA. Also have been told theres a store in Medford as well as a chain store in Delran that is fairly reputable? My question is, if I can only go to one or two, which ones will be best for stocking?

I will be starting up a new 29gal tank with fairly common fish, either with some Barbs (although I'd like to find some uncommon ones) or Tetras. I'm still also holding on to the notion of doing a shell-dweller community. Which store(s) would be best within my 40 minute driving range?

For any others in the area, without going to either of these places yet, I've answered my own question and will be going to The Hidden Reef. The reason comes straight from Aquarium Centers FAQ page:

"If you are looking to introduce fish soon, add the tap water conditioner or dechlorinator now. The addition of a live bacteria product like Cycle or Safe Start is recommended to jump-start the biological filtration in your aquarium. When the water temperature reaches 78F, you are ready to add some fish!"

I'm hoping The Hidden Reef does not give out advice like that.

On a side note:
Paradise Pet Center in Westampton, NJ: Don't waste your time. Stopped in there for a visit and, although a good variety of livestock, none seemed very healthy, the tanks were dirty, and I'm almost certain the water was not filtered at all. Plus prices were way too high ($38 for API Freshwater Master!)

For any others in the area, without going to either of these places yet, I've answered my own question and will be going to The Hidden Reef. The reason comes straight from Aquarium Centers FAQ page:

"If you are looking to introduce fish soon, add the tap water conditioner or dechlorinator now. The addition of a live bacteria product like Cycle or Safe Start is recommended to jump-start the biological filtration in your aquarium. When the water temperature reaches 78F, you are ready to add some fish!"

I'm hoping The Hidden Reef does not give out advice like that.

On a side note:
Paradise Pet Center in Westampton, NJ: Don't waste your time. Stopped in there for a visit and, although a good variety of livestock, none seemed very healthy, the tanks were dirty, and I'm almost certain the water was not filtered at all. Plus prices were way too high ($38 for API Freshwater Master!)

dont let the website turn you away from the aquarium center. the people there are very knowledgable and are very friendly. ive been going for some time now and have answered every question i asked.

Back
Top Bottom