Anyone from Philly or Penn State area?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea I did I actualy got my goby/pistol there sat. Had bad luck with sales people though. I guess it's hit or miss. But their stock is generally good and they will order anythjng

Another plus is they sell live brine shrimp super cheap. For $2 I'm set for months (if they all live lol) they sell other live foods. I wish I knew when the good employees worked. There was one guy who REALLY knew his stuff and wasn't just trying to sell. He actually told me to wait on Certain fish because my tank wasn't established long enough. That could have gone really bad. Only problem is no warranty on fish but I can understand that. Just stinks they sell really expensive fish there. All seem healthy though (except a few skinny mandarins)

Lewistown Pa. I'm about 1/2 hour away from.state college and an hour outa Harrisburg. Do we have any local clubs or swaps in our area? If not is it possible we could all get somethin started????

I'm from the Doylestown, PA Area. I have been to the hidden reef and fish factory. Both seem to have elevated prices but there coral selection is very good. Another good place is The Pet Shack in Hatfield, PA prices are pretty good.

I am from warminster (Philly burb). Quakertown has a decent pets plus and there is a store in the qmart that is awesome for driftwood. The fish factory and hidden reef are always nice to check out even if just to get ideas or browse. Captain nemo's (I think it is called pets plus natural or something now) is pretty decent an they have a large show tank and two headed turtle to keep everyone interested. In terms of petsmarts/Petcos the Petco next to the willow grove mall is my favorite.

im from huntingdon valley. Im looking for a place that has bumblebee gobies so keep an eye out for me.

Hour south of Altoona Here! Grew up in Langhorn/Festerville, use to go to Hidden Reef alot. Got my Horseface loach and Kuhilli Loaches there, 4+ Years ago and Still Living Strong.

Hour south of Altoona Here! Grew up in Langhorn/Festerville, use to go to Hidden Reef alot. Got my Horseface loach and Kuhilli Loaches there, 4+ Years ago and Still Living Strong.

I thought an hour south of altoona was another state

Haha Yeah Im About 25 Miles from the Maryland Border, Altoona is about 55 Miles from my house.

well like i said im looking for some bumblebee gobies and I go to penn state so id like to grab some of these guys keep them in a tank up at school until I come home or if i find them before then ill put them in my main tank.

Homer8, you know The Reef & the Fish factory both will special order fish? No guarentees (of course!) on a specific time frame though. Dirtytankman, you are my neighbor! I used to live in Warminster a couple of years ago & now reside in Hatboro-Horsham area. :)

jlk said:
Homer8, you know The Reef & the Fish factory both will special order fish? No guarentees (of course!) on a specific time frame though. Dirtytankman, you are my neighbor! I used to live in Warminster a couple of years ago & now reside in Hatboro-Horsham area. :)

I went to both of them today. Neither had BBGs but I requested them at the hidden reef and at fish factory they said they get them in sometimes but he said they cost between $10 and $30 each. I think he is out of his mind to try and charge that much. I was also looking for a refractometer but didn't see any at either place.

I went to both of them today. Neither had BBGs but I requested them at the hidden reef and at fish factory they said they get them in sometimes but he said they cost between $10 and $30 each. I think he is out of his mind to try and charge that much. I was also looking for a refractometer but didn't see any at either place.

I am sorry you didnt have any luck! I am afraid theres not much else in the area unless you want to take a long drive. Have you tried looking online? $30 may seem like a bargain when you add the additional cost for shipping when you purchase online.

Back
Top Bottom