Anyone from Philly or Penn State area?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
$30 isn't a bargain. Online I'm sure I can find 5-6 for $30 with shipping but $30 a piece is ridiculous.

Found a place in jersey called aquarium center. Great selection of fish if anyone is in the area they should check it out. It's about 15 mins south of cherry hill, nj.

I made the same thing twice read comment above

Do any of you guys or girls have self cloning crays?

Philly burbs. Where do you all get your fish? Anyone have an opinion of the one in Clementon, NJ? I might venture there today.

from Pottstown about halfway between Philly and reading, I have a petco and pets plus within a mile and a small lfs called dianes discount pets on rt100 smaller selection of fw/sw but quality has always been good, also like to hit that fish place and the hidden reef but they're @ 55 miles away in opposite directions

dora'sfishtank said:
I might try that place today.

Of your talking about aquarium central then yea you should check it out. Good selection of fish. There is also the hidden reef

There's an amazing place in Clifton NJ called absolutely fish. Hidden reef I used to like, until they started raising the price of things while I was checking out. Lol. I'll never go again. Absolutely fish is a beast tho. Check it out.

I'm Philly/bucks county area and I like the fish factory for all fish and corals and the hidden reef for everything else.
The fish factory charges more for fish in general but I've seen higher in places and their fish are kept VERY WELL as compared to the hidden reef.
I will never purchase fish/coral from the hidden reef. They have a great selection but it is ick central in that place and when you can see 8-9 clowns dead in one tank it says something that their systems are sub par at least IMO.
If you do decide to purchase from the hidden reef I highly recommend a quarantine and a story of caution.

A buddy of my fathers bought a $160.00 fish their left and it died in the bag. Came back 15min later and the owner refused a refund and all store credit. Said he left the store it's big his problem.

I may make a special trip to Clifton, NJ if I'm near their to check out that store. Thanks for the new spot to check!

Ill never go the hidden reef again. The owner is horrible. They raised the price on something once it was in the bag because they said it was marked wrong. Absolutely fish in Clifton is unbelievable. Go!!!!

And lol that's y I wait till summer usually u can pull one over on him have lil high schoolers working over the summer don't know a **** thing my buddy got a naked and a blizzard clown for 25 each there

Pets plus around the Oxford valley mall is nice look up the coupons they have some good ones I just used a buy one fish or coral get one free = or lesser value was happy with that purchase. :)

My opinion on the stores I have been to:

Fish Factory: Kind of a "mom and pop" store, possible to find some good deals or rare fish but generally overpriced. Great for advice or just a good fish conversation. Not too many plants.

Hidden Reef: Close to the Fish Factory and the more professional seeming of the two. Pretty overpriced but with a nice selection, not many plants though.

The pet shack: Pretty small with little selection and little staff, had some shell dwellers though which surprised me.

Q-mart pet store (do not know the name): Great for big pieces of DW and has some decent plants.

Pets plus Quakertown: Pretty nice store an close to q-Matt store. Decent selection and not horribly expensive. Not much plants if I remember correctly.

Pets plus langhorne: Nice store with great selection. A fair amount of plants and a good selection of fish. Equipment selection is great.

Pets plus Norristown (formerly captain Nemo's): Getting better than they were right after the redo. A lot of show/large specimens. Not very good equipment selection but decent fish and plant selection.

Aquarium Center (NJ): Decent selection of equipment an a great selection of plants. Could not find any method to their tank organization but not a bad selection of fish.

That fish place: Best pet store I have been to personally. I wish they had slightly more plants but I may have gone towards the end of their supply. Amazing selection of equipment. I am pretty sure they have every standard size tank you can buy. Some staff seem knowledgable and some seem like teenagers messing around, but it is not hard to tell which you want to talk to. Good selection of FW and SW fish. Definetly worth checking out.

Hoping to go to the store in Clifton soon...

Heavenly fish is ok they can order stuff you want and normally good prices!

Nope, that would be pets plus "naturals". They have a good amount of monster fish but are kind of overpriced..

Ok thanks, Yeah I was just there recently, Heard all kinds of good things about it but was not impressed at all. YES VERY overpriced.

I was at Pets Plus yesterday. I was getting my oil changed down the road and decided to go in to waste time. They are still selling puppies. Tons of designer mixes. I noticed mislabeling in the freshwater section. Something that was clearly not a skirt tetra labeled as a skirt tetra of some type. Whatever African frogs they have are ADFs, no clue what they're calling them. The prices seemed high to me, but I am comparing to petsmart.

Back
Top Bottom