Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > North East & New England
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ill never go the hidden reef again. The owner is horrible. They raised the price on something once it was in the bag because they said it was marked wrong. Absolutely fish in Clifton is unbelievable. Go!!!!

Old 08-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice Freak

Really where is that

Old 08-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #53
Aquarium Advice Freak

And lol that's y I wait till summer usually u can pull one over on him have lil high schoolers working over the summer don't know a **** thing my buddy got a naked and a blizzard clown for 25 each there
Old 08-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice Freak

Pets plus around the Oxford valley mall is nice look up the coupons they have some good ones I just used a buy one fish or coral get one free = or lesser value was happy with that purchase.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:03 AM   #55
Aquarium Advice Regular

My opinion on the stores I have been to:

Fish Factory: Kind of a "mom and pop" store, possible to find some good deals or rare fish but generally overpriced. Great for advice or just a good fish conversation. Not too many plants.

Hidden Reef: Close to the Fish Factory and the more professional seeming of the two. Pretty overpriced but with a nice selection, not many plants though.

The pet shack: Pretty small with little selection and little staff, had some shell dwellers though which surprised me.

Q-mart pet store (do not know the name): Great for big pieces of DW and has some decent plants.

Pets plus Quakertown: Pretty nice store an close to q-Matt store. Decent selection and not horribly expensive. Not much plants if I remember correctly.

Pets plus langhorne: Nice store with great selection. A fair amount of plants and a good selection of fish. Equipment selection is great.

Pets plus Norristown (formerly captain Nemo's): Getting better than they were right after the redo. A lot of show/large specimens. Not very good equipment selection but decent fish and plant selection.

Aquarium Center (NJ): Decent selection of equipment an a great selection of plants. Could not find any method to their tank organization but not a bad selection of fish.

That fish place: Best pet store I have been to personally. I wish they had slightly more plants but I may have gone towards the end of their supply. Amazing selection of equipment. I am pretty sure they have every standard size tank you can buy. Some staff seem knowledgable and some seem like teenagers messing around, but it is not hard to tell which you want to talk to. Good selection of FW and SW fish. Definetly worth checking out.

Hoping to go to the store in Clifton soon...
Old 08-28-2012, 07:08 AM   #56
Aquarium Advice Freak

Heavenly fish is ok they can order stuff you want and normally good prices!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:21 AM   #57
Aquarium Advice Activist

Is the Hidden reef where Capt. Nemo's used to be?
MikeWidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:37 AM   #58
Aquarium Advice Regular

Nope, that would be pets plus "naturals". They have a good amount of monster fish but are kind of overpriced..
Old 10-03-2012, 12:43 AM   #59
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ok thanks, Yeah I was just there recently, Heard all kinds of good things about it but was not impressed at all. YES VERY overpriced.
MikeWidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:53 AM   #60
Aquarium Advice Regular

I was at Pets Plus yesterday. I was getting my oil changed down the road and decided to go in to waste time. They are still selling puppies. Tons of designer mixes. I noticed mislabeling in the freshwater section. Something that was clearly not a skirt tetra labeled as a skirt tetra of some type. Whatever African frogs they have are ADFs, no clue what they're calling them. The prices seemed high to me, but I am comparing to petsmart.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com