Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > North East & New England
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-03-2012, 12:58 AM   #61
Aquarium Advice Regular

Which pets plus is that? I get annoyed by all their mixed breeds with confusing names and depending in the store their labels can be quite off...

On a side note, any opinions of the q-mart pet store? Saw some interesting fish there (all in ten gallons) and got some cories I have never heard of/seen.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:07 AM   #62
Aquarium Advice Regular

I was in the one near Oxford Valley Mall. I can't buy there, because I just can't support the puppy mill operation. I saw a puppy, same breed as my dog. I know what the prices for the breed run from reputable breeders. At 1/3 to 1/2 the price, I don't want to know how bad the conditions are where that dog came from.
I don't know much yet about fish, I'm pretty new to it, but I know a skirt tetra from one that isn't. They may have a good selection of supplies, but they just aren't a respectable business.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:08 AM   #63
Aquarium Advice Regular

I haven't been to q mart in years, and I wasn't looking at fish when I went, but the sticky buns and gyros are worth the trip.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:45 AM   #64
Aquarium Advice FINatic

stickie buns and gyros are still there, I forget just when it changed hands and went from Q-pet to fins,feathers, paws and claws who I know better from their smaller location in harleysville, I have say I've only been through the new location once but I hope the quality and care is better, I always found it hit or miss at the harleysville store
Old 10-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #65
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

This is for anyone in the Philly area! I just got back from Limekiln Ponds & Gardens in Glenside. They are normally only a seasonal store with pond fish, monster koi, goldfish & tons of plants. Well, they are now expanding into tropicals and plan on being open year round. Still in the setup process but they plan on stocking only more unusual species of tropicals. Right now, theres a stunning breeding pair of huge managuese (sp?) cichlids, various pacus including albinos, some interesting dempseys, a few small piranhas, a pike cichlid, some other cichlids, various catfish (rapheal, pim, spotted, etc) and a few huge spotted/other plecos. It will interesting to see what they have in the upcoming months!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #66
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hey all!

I'm new to the whole AA experience, calling out from the 'burbs of philadelphia. I plan on going to the hidden reef in Levittown tomorrow! Does anyone know of any reputable spots closer by my neck of the woods?
Cichlidjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #67
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you read through this thread, pretty much every place around the area is mentioned. What exactly are you looking for/what area around philly?
Old 10-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #68
Aquarium Advice Regular

New store find for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cichlidjon View Post
Hey all!

I'm new to the whole AA experience, calling out from the 'burbs of philadelphia. I plan on going to the hidden reef in Levittown tomorrow! Does anyone know of any reputable spots closer by my neck of the woods?
I just went to Aquarium Center in Clementon NJ last week. It was amazing. They also just started selling coral frags and there setup looks great.

I in in delco pa so it's about a 30-40 minute drive, but i've never seen such a good selection of fresh and salt fish. Plus more plants then I have ever seen in my life. Everything look well cared for as well.

I am actually happy it is that far away.... harder to spend the money there.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:33 PM   #69
Aquarium Advice Activist

Lol I hear you I have a fresh water setup and I'm looking for some yellow labs
Cichlidjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #70
Aquarium Advice Freak

Jon, if you ever get to the Lancaster area, there's a guy who has a pretty decent price on yellow labs up our way. We bought about 20 fish from him (our whole Mbuna stock) and didn't lose 1 and all were healthy.

10 Gal - Betta tank
KryptiCouple is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com