Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > North East & New England
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-21-2011, 02:27 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

i'm in CT too.. & i LOVE waterbury aquarium!! if you go in when chris (the owner) is there, you can get help w/ ANYTHING fish related!! his employees dont always have the info you need but his dope stock makes up for it.. & i dont mind that the shop isnt sparkleing cuz it feels more like a legit fish shop, opposed to petco, etc..

exoctic fish & coral (in milford) also have a SWEET salt selection & from time to time, some dope freshwater too

purr-fect pets (also milford) was decent but the owner is trying to sell & is letting it go downhill fast!!

not too many GREAT shops in CT .. but there are some

Let's make A.A. the 'free love' fish forum!!
ronnieroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB
Where exactly is Just Phish?
It's at 20 Main St. In Oakville, maybe 500 feet over the Waterbury line. It's in a big brick complex and the entry is around back, by the loading dock. Be warned, it's very sketchy looking if it happens to be dark.

Apparently he started as a brick and mortar, closed down and started an online company and then re-opened relatively recently. Never met the owner, but they guy who works there is nice.

WBAC88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:16 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sounds like a field trip is in order, thanks for the info.
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Sorry, hit send on that by accident.

Yeah, I don't really have anything against Waterbury Aquarium, but everyone always says that the people are really nice and I just haven't seen that. Maybe I look angry or standoffish when I'm concentrating on looking for fish .

Also, are there any fish clubs in CT? I've seen fish clubs mentioned but I don't really know what they are or what goes on at them.
WBAC88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Just Phish sounds like my kinda shop LOL

hows their FW look? primarily, how decent is their african selection?
Old 12-21-2011, 06:49 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBAC88
Sorry, hit send on that by accident.

Yeah, I don't really have anything against Waterbury Aquarium, but everyone always says that the people are really nice and I just haven't seen that. Maybe I look angry or standoffish when I'm concentrating on looking for fish .

Also, are there any fish clubs in CT? I've seen fish clubs mentioned but I don't really know what they are or what goes on at them.
its all good, only positive vibes over here

& i gotta say they're always super nice to me .. even his dog .. once though, the girl took about 10 mins to warm up to me.. however when i let her show me her gold head compressiceps she perked right up LOL

its funny you mention fish clubs because at griffin hospital in derby (where i work) theres about 5 of us who take smoke breaks together & we all have tanks.. i started to call us FISH CLUB as a joke & now when we see eachother in passing we all yell it lol .. & corny as it may be, me & our female member have a special handshake its pretty awesome
Old 12-22-2011, 12:27 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnieroach View Post
Just Phish sounds like my kinda shop LOL

hows their FW look? primarily, how decent is their african selection?
Their FW looks pretty good, I've gotten some stock from there, all healthy. I don't know that much about africans, but it looks like they have several tanks of them. It's not as big as WA, so it doesn't have quite as much stock, but definitely worth checking it out if you can't find what you want at WA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnieroach View Post
its all good, only positive vibes over here

& i gotta say they're always super nice to me .. even his dog .. once though, the girl took about 10 mins to warm up to me.. however when i let her show me her gold head compressiceps she perked right up LOL

its funny you mention fish clubs because at griffin hospital in derby (where i work) theres about 5 of us who take smoke breaks together & we all have tanks.. i started to call us FISH CLUB as a joke & now when we see eachother in passing we all yell it lol .. & corny as it may be, me & our female member have a special handshake its pretty awesome
Yeah, maybe I just have to become more of a regular there. I've only had a handful of interactions with the staff.

That's awesome that you work with so many other people who have tanks, I only have one neighbor who does, but we work different schedules, so it's hard to talk shop with him much. A special handshake is pretty...uh, special, too!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:40 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

also in CT!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:48 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post
Anyone hear of the fish bowl? Stamford CT.
After I lost about 12 petsmart fish, Fishbowl is where I go. Good selection of fish (SW & FW) and the owner (not the others) seems very knowledgable - though I'm just a fish keeping newbie. If you have questions be sure you get him (tony - i think). Visit Fish Bowl much?
Old 12-22-2011, 09:49 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBAC88 View Post
Yeah, I don't really have anything against Waterbury Aquarium, but everyone always says that the people are really nice and I just haven't seen that.
You have to catch Chris there without his girlfriend present. She's only had one happy day since I've been going there, and that's a long time.

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
base

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com