Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > North East & New England
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affordable Aquatic View Post
Checking in here from Stamford, CT.
nice website......

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice Activist

I live Norwich ct . But, I do go to fin and feather. The tanks are not the cleanest and in my opinion it's over priced. But it's better than petco and petsmart

Old 10-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #53
Aquarium Advice FINatic

hope everyone is ok through the hurricane .. jah bless
Let's make A.A. the 'free love' fish forum!!
ronnieroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

CT Reefer

I live in CT too just got my new 110 up an running a few month back, took a break after 2011 killed my entire 55 gallon, but now I'm back with a bigger and better tank!!! Looking for people to trade with or barter with, I own a construction company and am a licensed contractor so if you need anything done maybe we can work something out"

As far as stores locally go, aquatic wildlife, Derek is one of the most knowledgable people I have met in the business plus they keep a super clean nice store. Puppy center is pretty nice too. I'm in Windsor locks so sometimes we sneak over to aqua dreams cause its close, couldn't stand that guy for awhile prices were high and he was rude, but went in recently and prices are average p,Lu's his attitude has done a turn around to the point where he offers great free advice!

Starting a job in Milford this month so now I am real excited to check out the store everyone's talking about done there

Well glad to find some local reefers. Good luck and have fun
Old 01-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hey I've just moved to Danbury away from Waterbury Aquarium sadly, so I was wondering if anyone knew any good stores in the area? Whether a little ways into Westchester or just somewhere in the Danbury area? Thanks!
WBAC88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Freak

Norwich CT here. There are no stores around here. Fin & Feather in Groton is closing in a week. Good deals till then though...
I used to live in central CT. Puppy Center didn't have much in terms of community FW tho...I mean nothing GOOD. Just Ur normal stuff but prices are outrageous.
Any suggestions in Southeast CT or Western RI??
Old 07-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice Activist

Vernon's a bit of a drive for you but Wet pets is amazing. They have different filters for every single tank in the place! All kinds of fish and equipment and the people who own it know what they are talking about. Also, Animal Kingdom has lots of live plants.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #58
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ansonia here. Originally from New Haven. Check out Slither n Swim in West Haven for some nice FW fish. They have quite a few oddballs and hard to finds. Also a big selection of reptiles also.

Also I'm selling off my green swordtails. I have an ad in the classifieds. Always interested in plants also!
Old 10-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #59
Aquarium Advice Activist

I'm in Storrs. Best independents are Wet Pets in Vernon, Animal Kingdom inTri-city plaza Vernon, and the store next to Panera on Deming Road in Manchester.

Big box stores are Petco in Mansfield and Killingly Plaza and PetSmart in Manchester. Petsmart is the best of the three IF you can talk with Helene, Petco in Mansfield has a new woman clerk who offered to order a fish I've been wanting for ages!
Old 11-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #60
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ugh, the Animal Kingdom USA in Carmel NY is no longer carrying *any* kind of fish. They upped their aquarium product stock though, so whatever. Really disappointing as they had a great selection and a lot of tanks. I don't know any other good places in my neck of Fairfield or Westchester counties.

WBAC88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
base

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com