Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > North East & New England
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

CT based AA members?

Hey folks,

Just checking to see who else is in my area.

- Kevin

Old 09-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hey i know this is old, but I live in CT

Old 11-23-2011, 04:37 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I might be moving to CT in the spring. The brooklyn area, near killingly, pomfret. I might continue to make the trip to my current LFS. Any in CT that'd be worth checking out?
Old 11-23-2011, 07:53 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Exotic fish and corals in milford has really nice saltwater selection. Two huge frag tanks and four 90 gal tanls with really large pieces. Lots of rare fish and your everyday stuff. Bob is a great guy and will give you great deals if you talk to him
Old 11-23-2011, 09:17 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Waterbury Aquarium (Waterbury, CT).... owned by Chris, a really nice guy and very knowledgeable fishkeeper.

I purchase a lot of my stock from him and have gotten most of my tanks, both new and used, from him.
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks for the tips. When it set in stone I'll have to take a ride and check them out. Thanks again.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Ct checking in.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:28 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB
Waterbury Aquarium (Waterbury, CT).... owned by Chris, a really nice guy and very knowledgeable fishkeeper.

I purchase a lot of my stock from him and have gotten most of my tanks, both new and used, from him.
I've had a mixed experience there to be honest. It's only 5 mins from my house, but about 50% of the time, whoever's there is brusque and not all that helpful. The other times, they're great, so I don't know if they're busy or what, but I rarely see other people in there. It's also kind of a dump still, after they're move, but is getting better as they work on it.

*However* they do have a pretty good selection of fish, which I've found to be healthy, and a good collection of supplies and natural decor for tanks, so it just takes some getting used to and you have to know what you want.

Also, not too far from WA is Just Phish, which has a good and different selection of stock from WA in a nicer space. I know next to nothing about SW, but they seem to have good fish for that, too.

For such a run-down town, Waterbury has some nice lfs's.
WBAC88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Where exactly is Just Phish?
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:52 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Anyone hear of the fish bowl? Stamford CT.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
base

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com