Fish in the Greater NYC area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just wondering if anyone in the greater NYC area knew of a good LFS (other than the chains...Petland...Petco...etc). where one may be able to purchase a decent variety of healthy fish. The chains are great for hardware but I haven't seen some of the beautiful displays that most AA members have at these locations.

You might try your local forum, I noticed a lot of them have reviews of LFS that they visit.

just had to say i loved the title of this post. i pictured all these very cosmopolitan fish on the subway....some with briefcases, cell phones, and stock summaries; some decked out for a show on Broadway; and some bound for Coney Island with their leather jackets and smokes.

....I'm still rolling on the floor with that one Fearless! Yes...NYC fish are very sophisticated. Some even attend the Opera and the Ballet. The more laid back ones can be seen with their iPods and roller blading.

fearlessfisch said:
just had to say i loved the title of this post. i pictured all these very cosmopolitan fish on the subway....some with briefcases, cell phones, and stock summaries; some decked out for a show on Broadway; and some bound for Coney Island with their leather jackets and smokes.

Jchillin said:
Yes...NYC fish are very sophisticated. Some even attend the Opera and the Ballet. The more laid back ones can be seen with their iPods and roller blading.

Obviously, neither of you has ever had your brine shrimp snatched by a Jack Dempsey, while a school of neon tetras sat apathetically and watched! :p

QTOFFER said:
fearlessfisch said:

Jchillin said:
Yes...NYC fish are very sophisticated. Some even attend the Opera and the Ballet. The more laid back ones can be seen with their iPods and roller blading.

Obviously, neither of you has ever had your brine shrimp snatched by a Jack Dempsey, while a school of neon tetras sat apathetically and watched! :p

Sophisticated fish would never resort to such barbarism. NYC fish sit at the table until the waiter places their food in front of them.

Back
Top Bottom