Local Fish Clubs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allivymar

Aquarium Advice Addict
Not sure if you all are aware, but there are a number of great fish clubs in the tri-state area.

Myself, BrianNY and madasafish are all card carrying members of GCAS; Greater City Aquarium Society. The group meets the first Weds of the month except July & Aug at the Queens Botanical Gardens; April's meeting is the big flea market! Its a great group of fish folks, and its a lot of fun doing fishy stuff with people who are as obsessed as we are *grin*

I hear the Brooklyn Aquarium Society is also a fantastic club with lots of members and lots of activity; from what I also hear they are a little more SW focused then GCAS (although of course there are all sorts of people involved in both). Local clubs include Nassau County Aquarium Society (NY), North Jersey A.S. (NJ), Long Island Aquarium Society (NY), Norwalk Aquarium Society (CT). Yes, there are folks out there who are as into fish as we are, and there are fun benefits to belonging to a club, such as fish and plant auctions, raffles and some great connections. I have never looked forward to Wednesdays so much as that 1st Weds of the month *grin*

Yes, the New York metropolitan area is a great place to live if you love fish!
We have fantastic public aquariums and SIX (count 'em) local fiah clubs!
I recently joined GCAS and I'm looking forward to the April flea market!
Must..resist..urge..to..buy..another..tank!

There is a guppy show and auction April 17th and 18th at the Ramada Inn at the Newark Airport. for futher info you can e-mail dave polunas at daveguppy@aol.com.

Daniel and I saw the ad in my FAMA magazine and were thinking of going....still up in the air about it though

Whew. Good thing I'm not into guppies; I can miss that one and not feel guilty ;)

Theres a big auction coming up this summer in NJ; when I get more info I'll be sure to post it :)

Back
Top Bottom