Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > North East & New England
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-10-2011, 11:27 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Smile

FYI A Pet Warehouse has opened at the old Aquarium Adventure Location in Carle Place.Believe they opened in March 2011. They have rearranged the store somewhat but have maintained most of the tanks . Prices seem to have dropped for the AA days. I enjoyed my visit

Old 06-10-2011, 11:39 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcastrofilippo View Post
Hi All,

Was looking for a suggestion for a good local fish store in the long Islan nyc area.

Any sugguestion would really help.

Thanks,
Frank
Parrots of the world - Rockville Centre

In the Greenacres mall in Valley Stream you have a Petsmart, Petco, Petland Discounts (lost their lease to an expanding walmart) and are all within a mile of each other.
Plus a second Petland Discounts (not too bad actually) in Oceanside.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

I also had great experiences at aqua hut in coram and think I encountered the same teenager @ magic isle.
Two more places: country critters in patchogue..nice selection but a little pricey and Brian's in rocky point.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolon

Parrots of the world - Rockville Centre
Wow, I'm literally right across the street from parrots of the world. I can see it from my window and I've never been in there, thought they only sold parrots.
I went in there today and it turns out that the guy who is always on news 12 and has his own tv show is the owner! I was talking to him for a bit, nice guy.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:40 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by firteen888 View Post
Wow, I'm literally right across the street from parrots of the world. I can see it from my window and I've never been in there, thought they only sold parrots.
I went in there today and it turns out that the guy who is always on news 12 and has his own tv show is the owner! I was talking to him for a bit, nice guy.
It has a decent fish section, which is contrary to the name of the store.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:10 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by firteen888 View Post

He picked out my Ferret who just died after almost 9 years....He knows his stuff and is very helpful. My vet highly recommended getting any animal from that pet store. I was told they use highly regarded breeders. My ferret was healthy as an ox until he just didn't wake up one day a few months ago
Old 07-22-2011, 12:26 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Brians Tropical in Rocky Point seems to be the best. High prices but good stock and Brian always goes out of his way to help you and give you advice. Great store that has been around for a long time.

Aquahut in Coram is also good to. Great prices there.

Wont step foot into Magic Isle in Centereach. Last time I went in there I seen numerous tanks with dead fish just lying around. Prices are outrageous in there as well.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I didnt have a good experience at Fish Town USA this past Saturday. I was willing to spend a few hundred dollars on a whole new 40g breeder tank setup with live plants and everything. I was in there for over an hour walking around trying to get a hold of someone, and I couldnt grab anyones attention. My girlfriend and I walked out pissed. I really wanted to start up a tank, but I'm not going to beg people to take my money.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:06 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishN00b83 View Post
I didnt have a good experience at Fish Town USA this past Saturday. I was willing to spend a few hundred dollars on a whole new 40g breeder tank setup with live plants and everything. I was in there for over an hour walking around trying to get a hold of someone, and I couldnt grab anyones attention. My girlfriend and I walked out pissed. I really wanted to start up a tank, but I'm not going to beg people to take my money.
I was in there about a month ago for the second time ... the first was back in Feb and that store has absolutely NO BARBS!!... uh???? The place must have what ... DOZENS of tanks ... of all sizes and NO BARBS? Well ... I shouldn't say that ... I did see 1 rather large Denison Barb in a tank. But ... if you want cardinal tetras ... there's at least 2 tank full.

As a personal request ... if anyone happens to come across an LFS that has
5 Banded Barbs could you shoot me a PM.

Tags
lfs, long

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com