Maine/Vermont LFS and Feedback Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Here is a link where you can search through all the Pet stores in Maine and Vermont

Pet Stores in ME

Pet Stores in VT

This thread should be for people to find out about new places to go and buy their fish,supplies, and share their feedback.

Well since there is nothing here, yet it is a sticky, maybe i should add something. I live in montpelier, VT and have experience with two LFS. The first is where I have bought all of our fish and plants so far, called The Pet Advantage in South Burlington. Very large selection of both fresh and salt water tanks. They also have three large tanks dedicated to FW plants. in the front of the store is a gorgeous indoor Koi pond built with local rock from Grand Isle. If you go to this store and need information, Jason is the guy to talk to about all things aquarium.

The second is a store I have yet to purchase any livestock from yet, but they are a bit more local (for me). They are in montpelier, called the Pet Deli. They have a bunch of freshwater tanks, and also a turtle tank and an amphibian tank. The also have 4 nice big tanks for FW plants, though the last time I visited they were quite empty (I'm assuming they were waiting for a shipment, but not positive.) They have a nice selection of aquarium supplies, decorations, and driftwood. Prices seem to be reasonable. Staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, I have spoke to them about wanting certain species of fish, and they told me they can order just about anything that I want and it will come in with their next shipment.

I definitely recommend shopping at either of these stores for your livestock. They have a much better selection and take better care of their livestock than any of the box stores around.

No reference to pet stores in New Hampshire? Shocking!

I'd like to mention my own stores (shameless self-promotion, I know) here in New Hampshire, the Claremont Pet Center and Lebanon Pet Center. We carry a very large selection of freshwater and marine fish and invertebrates, freshwater plants, and reptiles, we offer free special orders, and we can get in pretty much anything anyone could ever want.

After Irene passed through, we renovated our Lebanon location, so we've got a fresh new look and an even bigger selection than what we had previously. Definitely worth at least coming over and taking a look!

Pet Advantage in South Burlington is great! For closer to home, I like Critters N Things in Morrisville!

Vance's in Bucksport is great if you're in central Maine! And if you're in Houlton Jean's Serendipity is halfway decent considering the lack of other options.

I grew up in Maine - but when I was there brooks was awesome. Given I haven't been there in a while but if it is like it was when I lived there it's definitely worth checking out. Plus there was one day a week all fish were half off or bogo half

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I grew up in Maine - but when I was there brooks was awesome. Given I haven't been there in a while but if it is like it was when I lived there it's definitely worth checking out. Plus there was one day a week all fish were half off or bogo half

Where in Maine? Trying to find the place but it isn't coming up. I'm in central Maine, near Bangor.

It is Brunswick. It is sorta a weird location. Also called brooks feed and farm. It is behind the hannaford

Oh, that's way far south from me, almost 2 hours :( Only places within a reasonable distance from here are 'co, 'smart and Vance's. Both chains are WAY above average, but Vance's still blows them out of the water with his selection of fish.

Yeah. I find the chains are hit or miss by location/staff

I would like to take a moment to express my enthusiasm for AquaRealm in St Johnsbury, VT. I travel 40 minutes from NH to visit these guys because they have been so helpful, knowledgeable, genuine and reasonable. They have a fairly varied stock, which appears very healthy. No dead fish on any of my visits, new stock was quarantined, and their tanks are well planted and decorated. No bare tanks! The owners are enthusiasts themselves and they know their stuff. In the absence of other customers, they're happy to discuss the hobby nigh endlessly. I've found my store for now!

Huh! I will have to stop in some time. (Grew up in ME and in NY) if I take the "back ways" instead of normal highway that store is mostly on the way

If you are into saltwater tanks and an amazing variety of corals, AquaCorals in Fairfield, Maine is the place. Penny is knowledgeable in all things saltwater and is willing to spend time with you. She has a trade-in policy to help you expand your coral variety without spending a lot of money. Well worth the trip.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom