Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > North East & New England
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #21
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

Its scary because Heavenly Fish is a wholesale retailer for alot of the local lfs's (ny, nj, pa, del, ct). I like the Hidden Reef and think they have a beautiful, clean store with well-kept stock but they have little in the way of fancy (unusual) goldfish. Time for some more research!!! I am starting to consider buying online but the thought of a fish being kept in a bag/box for 24 hrs (or longer) is SCARY!

Old 10-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

That Fish Place in Lancaster, PA it's a wholesale store, however I have never been disappointed with them. They have a great selection of fish and supplies at great prices!

Old 10-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #23
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

I actually emailed them last week (before taking an hr & 1/2 drive)! They told me they have no fancy goldfish due to them getting sick & dying! They said they will email me when (if) they restock. Anyone else have any suggestions?
Old 10-13-2011, 12:07 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk View Post
Did you try the Hidden Reef in levittown pa??? I visited there last week and thought they had a great selection of sw fish & coral!!! But, i dont know alot about sw. They didnt have what i was looking for (panda moor) but they said they would try & find one for me.

Have you tried Value Pet in Pennsauken NJ? They may have what you are looking for.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:55 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Freak

Aquarium center is that the one in blackwood, someone just tild me about that.
Supra
Old 10-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #26
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ive been to The Aquarium Center. I did purchase one fish there but he is going to be in QT for awhile! They have a 'questionable' reputation and i thought the store was dark & dirty.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I would never question aquarium centers rep. in my 6 years of fish keeping, fresh through salt, I have had 4 fish die on me from there. 2 neon tetras and angelfish and a percula clown and i have bought many fish. its a clean and knowledgable store
Old 12-04-2011, 09:16 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by classklown90 View Post
I would never question aquarium centers rep. in my 6 years of fish keeping, fresh through salt, I have had 4 fish die on me from there. 2 neon tetras and angelfish and a percula clown and i have bought many fish. its a clean and knowledgable store
Some of their staff is knowledgeable but not all. I do buy some of their stock but careful in what I buy. Take for instance, I would never buy any of their discus.

Tags
lfs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com