Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > North East & New England
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

New Store in Gorham, Maine

We recently heard about this on another forum and thought we'd post the information here in case anyone else might be interested. Easy Aquariums located off RTE. 25 in the Gorham Industrial Park between Westbrook and Gorham. Their hours are Monday - Saturday 10 - 6.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Additional information:

Easy Aquariums | Home
https://www.facebook.com/EasyAquariums

Old 01-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

if they are open today friend and I will be stopping there this afternoon to check it out. hopefully they will be. (edit) woot, they are open today, waiting on wife to pick up and drop off daughter, then going to pick up friend to go there. will let yas know how it is. Hopefully its not all salt.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Went today, they are still setting up, went with my ex neighbor, had a blast. we were there for like 3 maybe 4 hours. and they only had about a dozen tanks set up. Only took two pics, one basically looks like the one off there web site. (125 with (im not a salt guy) corals and frags? wish i took more, will next time.
Walk in the door theres a 650 gallon stock tank for sharks. Almost set up. , had to use wife for size. we talked about stock tanks right there for about 45 minutes to an hour. lol, then to your left is a 300 gallon freshwater tank setup thats cycling, for an 18 inch black arro, a stingray, and a giant lima shovelnose, and i think peacock bass. ( i could be wrong on the type of shovelnose). Im wicked jealous on that tank, i know wife was impressed as ive been harping on getting a bigger tank and i dont think she realized how much bigger a 300 was. And she was amazed and talked about it on the ride home.
They had a green slug of some sort my wife fell in love with, never seen one of them, not sure the technical name. Got a tour of the building, where his freshwater room will be, the freshwater plant section, (which is big to me, cant find plants anywhere) where the shark filters are going. Again had a blast. Has huge potention, Wicked friendly people there. And my neighbor bought a tang and when we got in the car he was "man, they really ask alot of questions" good in both our eyes. But cant wait till they get there freshwater section going. We go to alot of pet shops together and thats the first time i saw him buy a fish that wasnt food for another fish. He was saying he was tossed on a fish or a frag. I liked the eel but he wouldnt get it Even though im not a salt guy , cant wait to go again. Was feeling guilty we took up so much time till a few peeps walked in and they took him for about 30, we lasted longer. Sump tanks all exposed, i like that. Ill be watching and visiting this place alot. I know my ex neighbor will. its closer to him.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thank you for letting us know how you liked Easy Aquariums. Hopefully we'll get a chance to go there soon.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

We finally got a chance to check out Easy Aquariums. Very nice store, and closer to us than most others. They need a couple of signs out to let people know where they are though. We'll probably be purchasing our t-5 replacement bulbs and salt there in the near future. Their prices look comparable to a little less than Petco and they offer customer service for drilling tanks, maintance, etc.

It sounds like they'll probably be having their own thread on Maine Frag Swap, a local Maine forum.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

we went passed it to, the first run thru we took the 1st right after entering the district, then turned back around and passed it again. I shoulda mentioned that but forgot. Did they have the shark tank set up yet? Im eagerly awaiting there freshwater section.

Tags
store

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com