Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > North East & New England

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-04-2004, 09:43 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
NJ-Metro NY Plant Club

Right now we are putting together an aquatic plant club for the people of NJ and Metro NY. There are quite a few well know plant enthusiasts from our area involved, and we would love to welcome members from our area from Aquarium Advice to join our group. I see a few of you have responded to this thread

My idea is for something, not like a traditional club at this point, but more of a mailing list. My thought was to put together an email list of area people who are interested in plants. What we would do is send out a message to other members of the list when we have a particular plant we are looking to swap or sell, or if there is a particular plant we are looking for. We would give members of the list the first chance to buy, sell or swap said plants. This network would be a means of contact for all local plant enthusiasts. It is not limited to plant exchanges. If you have a question or experience to share, we would like to hear it!

I would love to see this transition from the designed network into more of a traditional, plant oriented club. While I think a traditional style club could happen, the network would be a great way to gauge interest, while limiting the initial amount of commitment.

At this point we have about a dozen members. We are on our way and have just started our own Yahoo Group ( NJAPN - North Jersey Aquatic Plant Network). IT COSTS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO PARTICIPATE AS A MEMBER! Anyone in the NJ-NY Metro area as well as CT and western PA are encouraged to join us! You can contact myself via PM here at Aquarium Advice, via PM on Planted Tank, or subscribe to the group directly: NJAPN-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Please, feel free to contact me with any questions! I'd be more than happy to answer. The more people involved, the better the club will be! Your participation will only make our club stronger!

Momotaro is offline   Reply With Quote

metro, plant

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com