Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > North East & New England
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-11-2003, 11:42 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to jester Send a message via Yahoo to jester
OK i am from Chciago 2

I have recintly noteced alot of you guys were also from Chicago can you please tell what are good stores to go to around here the only place I go is living sea`s aquarium and they are pretty expnesive well Thank Jester

my tank for now is a 60g with a little live sand and then just play sand I got 80 pounds of live rock now I have a wet dry with no bio balls and a protein skimmer and uv steralizer I have power compacts 260 watts I have 1 damsels 1yellow tang 1 flame angel one yellow strip maroon clownfishand and a feather duster and a bulb anemones that the clown lives in and colony polops and some kenya tree corals and 2 fire shrimp snails and hermit crabs and some other crabs

i just got a 40g with like 6 inches of live sand and it is loaded with corals and inverts it was given to me by a friend she had it for 3 years there is a brain coral wellsophyllia and a platygyra brain worm coral green striped mushrooms and red mushrooms yellow colony polyp and button polyp and some type of hard coral not sure what it is also alot of kenya tree oh ya and 2 giant star fish
jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 12:58 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

You might be better off asking this question in our regional forums section. There is one devoted to Illinois

Old 09-11-2003, 03:53 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to loganizzi
I purchased my 90 pounds of LR from Living Sea, but don't really buy anything else locally. I find that even with shipping, you can get much better deals online.

I did buy my fish from Petco, but only because I'm a beginner and wasn't looking for anything too exotic (just clowns & damsels currently). And Petco has decent prices on their low-end fish.

If you're patient and want to get into a reef setup, I would recommend you find other members looking to trade or sell some frags. I did this, and it won't be long before the frags grow big enough to compare to items the local stores sell for 10x. In fact if all continues to go well, I'll be looking to frag and sell/trade some of my stuff in a couple months.

If your looking for show piece quality stuff and are willing to pay for it, I would suggest you look at Scott's Fish Store in the Oakbrook area, or Advanced Aquatics in Schaumburg. I haven't actually purchased from either of these places but their quality appears to be pretty good. Probably on par with Living Sea.

HTH

-Chris
Old 09-11-2003, 04:40 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

thanks
my tank for now is a 60g with a little live sand and then just play sand I got 80 pounds of live rock now I have a wet dry with no bio balls and a protein skimmer and uv steralizer I have power compacts 260 watts I have 1 damsels 1yellow tang 1 flame angel one yellow strip maroon clownfishand and a feather duster and a bulb anemones that the clown lives in and colony polops and some kenya tree corals and 2 fire shrimp snails and hermit crabs and some other crabs

i just got a 40g with like 6 inches of live sand and it is loaded with corals and inverts it was given to me by a friend she had it for 3 years there is a brain coral wellsophyllia and a platygyra brain worm coral green striped mushrooms and red mushrooms yellow colony polyp and button polyp and some type of hard coral not sure what it is also alot of kenya tree oh ya and 2 giant star fish
Old 09-11-2003, 05:00 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

how come i cant post in the illinois forum it say only peeps granted speacil something can post help please I live by sox park

Old 09-11-2003, 06:49 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

you have to be a member of that usergroup. There should be a link to join the group somewhere in the forum, once you've clicked applied for membership the moderator of that forum will receive an email and approve you at the earliest convenience.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 10:02 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

i cant find a link to join someone please help

Old 09-12-2003, 09:57 AM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

Reading the "Welcom to Illinois..." thread at the top of that forum will give you the link to join that group.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:43 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

thanks

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com