PSU frag swap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccCapt

SW 20 & Over Club
If anyone is interested, NCPARS is holding a frag swap at the Penn State main campus on April 12. You can check out the 500 gal PSU reef tank. The director of Dr F&S Live Aquaria Divers Den will be the guest speaker.

Here's some info on the swap meet.

Last edited:
Just got back from the frag swap. Lots of great coral available. I picked up a purple tricolor validia frag.
The guest speaker was Kevin Kohen of Divers Den. Great guy with lots of very interesting info regarding the collection and transportation of coral and fish from around the world. Sanjay Joshi was there also and there were tours of the 500g PSU reef.

It was a good time. Kevin Kohen was very interesting and the PSU reef is something to see, especially behind the scenes.

I tired to take a few pics and they came out like crap....lol. Went to do a few more and my batteries died. I'll try again later.

You going to the Anniversary Sale at ThatFishPlace next weekend? Steven Pro will be there Sat. and Sun, Chris Brightwell on Sat. and Anthony Calfo will be there Sun.

This is the best I can do with my camera. Dunno...just can't get good pics.

Here's the validia. It's a little more than 2" tall, Y shaped . Hard to see the colors, but the base is redish/purple, tips are deep purple and bright green polyps.

tricolor1_4-14-08.jpg

tricolor2_4-14-08.jpg

And towards the end of the swap, a guy had some broken frags he was selling for $5. I think this is an a.nana or a.tenius. It's really hard to tell them all apart. This has a orange colored body with some green tips and some purple tips and green polyps. Awesome colors for $5 :) It's real hard to get a good pic. It's about 1 1/2".

nana_4-14-08.jpg

Oh yea Larry. Picked you out in no time :lol: Just can't miss that Flyers sweatshirt behind the counters.

Awsome pics of the tanks though.

What are the dates for ThatFishPlace? Is it this weekend (12/13) or the following weekend (19/20). I can't go this Saturday but next week is open right now. I saw Calfo at SomethingFishy a couple of years ago. Great demo on fragging.

I can't make it out there this weekend. It's about a 2½ drive for me and I have family obligations this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom