Quality LFS on Long Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyKeiva

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Was wondering if anyone knows of any quality places to buy Tropical Fish on Long Island.

I've been browsing forum after forum with very few results. Been searching all over the web and most of the stuff I do happen to stumble across is pretty outdated. (Just really starting to get into the aquarium hobby thing, I've been dying to set up a big planted tank for years. Now I finally have the chance to and I can put my HOURS of research and forum browsing to good use! Definitely VERY excited.)

Also, I apologize if there's already an updated thread on here about it. :)

Thanks for your time!:flowers:

Did you find anywhere yet? Im just about to start setting up my tank also and found a few places I just need to get to :fish2:
South Shore Tropicals in Lindenhurst
BTJs Jungle Bayshore I think
Country critters in Medford and Pet warehouse in Copaigue
Aqua Hut in Coram
and Brian's aquarium in Rocky Point

Just a few suggestions. HTH

I went to petco for my freshwater fish but saw so many others at aqua hut in coram. that's where I go for my sw stuff too. never bough fw from there but they have a lot.

Was wondering if anyone knows of any quality places to buy Tropical Fish on Long Island.

I've been browsing forum after forum with very few results. Been searching all over the web and most of the stuff I do happen to stumble across is pretty outdated. (Just really starting to get into the aquarium hobby thing, I've been dying to set up a big planted tank for years. Now I finally have the chance to and I can put my HOURS of research and forum browsing to good use! Definitely VERY excited.)

Also, I apologize if there's already an updated thread on here about it. :)

Thanks for your time!:flowers:

Petswarehouse hands down! At least for me ...(y) Two locations, Copiague .. On Sunrise Hwy and Carle place off Glen Cove Road. I normally shop at the Carle Place location and love it, but Copiague was just nuts with all the tanks and stock they offered. But rest assured, the Carle Place location is a great LFS.

That's actually where I was on Friday. I bought some frags there but I feel like their a little over priced. I paid 99$ for a frogspawn. They claimed they are endangered now and that's the last stock they were getting.

Thanks for all the responses guys ^,^.

I actually ended up finding the two Pets Warehouses. One is Literally 5 minutes from my house and the other is around the block from the place I work. They both seem decent. I've actually been waiting on the one in Carle Place to get Harlequin Rasboras in. They're normally a regular there but they told me that their supplier has not sent any in 2 weeks. My QT is ready and waiting and my 55 gallon planted now looks like a jungle lol

Back
Top Bottom