Rhode Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the orginal price is 250 so $125 could you hold it for a bit im getting my job soon and once i get the money i do want it what are you looking for in a trade?

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
the orginal price is 250 so $125 could you hold it for a bit im getting my job soon and once i get the money i do want it what are you looking for in a trade?

I haven't posted it anywhere else and am not in a mad rush to get rid of it but would like it out of my garage soon. I would probably take $125.

I am looking for...

40ish G acrylic tank

125G acrylic tank

30-50G sump

i can't help with the trade but i get my job july 11 and should be paid by the end of that week. i can build up smaller amounts sooner but no where near the 125 without my job

I have been less then impressed with the fish bowl in warwick every time I go his fish look like crap. And the place on wickedon st tanks are never clean and are obnoxiously small.

FDshoes said:
I have been less then impressed with the fish bowl in warwick every time I go his fish look like crap. And the place on wickedon st tanks are never clean and are obnoxiously small.

I do agree somewhat, although I have recently bought a really nice kole tang and mushroom corals at the fish bowl.

Something fishy is my fav store in Rhodey by far, but the prices are very expensive.

Same experience here. I've ruled out The Fish Bowl; one tank had ich (the whole tank, some sort of tetra), one had a dead fish and at least two had whole tanks of fish motionless and gasping at the top for air. And I heard the kid working there giving horrid advice to a mother and daughter.

Something Fishy....I''m torn on them. Most of their FW tanks looked OK but one definitely had a dead fish which was being eaten by the other fish (had a hole in its mid-section) and two other tanks possibly had dead fish in there too (couldn't tell whether they were dead or just motionless but other fish were poking it and it wasn't moving and the others were hidden under a rock but some looked belly-up) and they only have 10 FW tanks so 3 out of 10 to me isn't good.

I also tried Aqualife on Wickenden. Their tanks looked pretty good from what I could tell but the owner scoffed when I tried to tell him I was fishless cycling, he said it wouldn't work and told me to get an "insignificant goldfish." :nono:

I did go to the place on North Main Street too. They only had a couple of tanks set up (other than bettas) so the selection wasn't there and the store had a dingy/dirty feel to it and very small. Although the couple of tanks they had looked pristine.

I'm at a loss as to where to go now if my tank ever cycles. I might be back to going to a large chain store like PetSmart since apparently the smaller lfs here aren't very good.

The guy on north main takes real good care of his tanks for the most part. Something fish at least for salt water has the best but alot of times there fish are double if not more in cost. Best selection of corals as well but again prices are thru the roof.

So it's been awhile since anyone posted in this thread but I was just looking for any updates on stores here in Rhode Island. Basically if anyone has any new opinions on the stores named here.

So it seems no one ever really posts on this thread but I will for future reference. I went to a bunch of the local shops and was not very impressed with them except with the exception of Somthing Fishy. They have a great selection of corals and sw and fw fish. Tanks were extremely clean and well maintained and the person I spoke with and asked a milloin questions to was very knowledgeable and helpful. Yes I noticed the price of the corals and fish were higher than other stores but id rather pay a little more knowing that they are coming from a clean maintained home.

Back
Top Bottom