Slow forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dskidmore

Aquarium Advice Addict
The Western New York Forum here is awfully slow. Anyone else aware of other WNY forums/clubs for freshwater? The Reefcentral Upstate Reef Society is pretty active, but they're obviously a saltwater club.

In case saltwater is your thing: http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=117

A really informal club, but they have well-attended meets to trade equiptment and coral frags.

I've been away for a while or i would have responded sooner. This regional forum is a little slow but we're also a little more local, specifically for WNY shops and local resources. Looks like the RC link is a lot like our SW general forum. Thanks for the link, please keep sharing... cause this forum's a little slow :wink:

I'd love for there to be local meets and such for freshwater like the reef central club has for salt. We could trade plants, snails, and old equiptment, look at each other's setups, have discussions, etc.

Would there be enough people watching the WNY forum to make it worth the effort of setting such up? I was hoping with my origional post to "fish" out information about an exisiting group that met occasionally.

start a thread here with the subject WNY FW meet-n-greet and see what response you get.

for some reason my opic notificatons don't seem to work consistantly here... i got the notification when you started this thread... but I never got a notificaton of this reply...

maybe its the way i have notifications set up. :eek:)

anywho, I don't personally have the time to make the arrangements for a meet n greet, but if you want to start a thread and see how many folks would attend you might find someone who could help make arangements.

Hrm... My place is a bit of a disaster zone at the moment. Have to clean up before I do any inviting. Any suggestions for public locations? I think PetSmart is the only LFS in Rochester. with the space to host such a thing, but I have such a low opinion of thier livestock... The zoo have a freshwater display worth seeing?

Back
Top Bottom