Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > North East & New England
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

South jersey bulk order frozen food?

Anyone in the South Jersey area want to go in on a bulk order of frozen food from Drs Foster and Smith? Shipping is a flat $25, regardless of how much is ordered, so the more people who order, the lower your share of shipping will be.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

your going to have to get a lot of frozen food to make it worth while ,

I buy my frozen from my LFS I buy it by the sleeve to get a better price and the best part I don't pay any shipping

I use the Hikari brand frozen foods it comes 10 packages per sleeve each package has 32 cubes I pay $21. a sleeve and they still make a good profit there cost is like $40. a case thats 12 sleeves per case
all frozen foods have a mark up of over 80% so don't let them BS you

1 sleeve can last me almost a year for both of my tanks

my best advise is to get to know the owner of your local pet store and strike up a deal
not only can you save on foods but also on lots of livestock also

that $25. you spend on shipping can be used for better things rather than shipping

Old 07-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's why I'm trying to find 3 or 4 others to split the shipping costs. Dr F&S has the best price on the PE Mysis that I am looking to buy, and $5 shipping isn't bad if I get 4 others (considering the only LFS in my area that carries it is over an hour away, and a $5 toll).

I'm heading to my regular LFS this weekend, so I might see if they can start to stock it, or at least buy some for me, but I doubt that, given how long it will last, they will cut a deal.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

SCORE!!! Turns out my LFS carries it, and for almost 1/2 the price of Dr Foster and Smith, plus you get 15% off when you check in at FourSquare.

Tags
food

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com