Time to Wake Up this Forum!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
NY/NJ are 2 of the best states with the bestest people!!! We should be teeming with posts in this forum!! Let's wake it up, people!!

Has anyone been to Rock Center to see the tree? I haven't yet this year, but I am sure I will.

I haven't been to the tree yet, but I heard Its beautiful. I've just been way to busy with school and work. ={

I havnt been to RockCenter in Years...Just way too busy. Im a tipical New Yorkers i guess. Never been to the Statue of Liberty either. :?

You know what? Now that you mention it? I have never been to the Statue of Liberty either. I've been around it plenty of times, but not actually to it. LOL

My sister and I always muse that real New Yorkers never see the big attractions and always stay in on Fri and Sat nights :oops:

The real parties are on Thursdays... I think

LOL my husband the Brit has been to the Statue of Liberty. Me, who was born and has lived her entire life within 60 miles of Manhattan? I've never been there LOL

I still think we folk should meet up at some point. If not the NY Aquarium, how bout the cool bar Madasafish went visiting a coupla weeks ago *grin*

Yes, I am still up for getting together!! It would be great fun! Maybe even the bronx zoo in the summer....although I still do want to go to the aquarium...

Rock Center

The tree is something everyone in the area needs to see. I go every year :) I think the statue of liberty is still closed down (as far as climbing in it you can still go to the island)

Let me just say this...as a Native New Yorker. The town is overrun with tourists which creates crowds at all the attractions. This is why some New Yorkers deprive themselves of what tourists are taking for granted. It's a shame but how do you correct this? Try this: contact a travel agent and book a trip to NYC. Ask for brochures for the attractions and you'll find out that New York comprises of Manhattan (below 125th St.) The Bronx (Yankee Stadium and the Zoo). That's it! No Brooklyn, No Queens and defintely no SI other than the St. George Ferry Slip.

I've lived in Nassau County and NYC all my life and I've seen and done most of the things to see or do in Manhattan.

However...
I've never been to Staten Island or even took the SI Ferry. :oops:
I've been to the Bronx Zoo and Yankee Stadium a couple of times, but that's it. :oops:
I've never been to downtown Brooklyn or to the Brooklyn waterfront - I visited Coney Island for the first time a few months ago. :oops:

Although I've tried to spend some time exploring Queens since I moved here, it's clear that I have to get out more!

Back
Top Bottom