Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > North East & New England
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-10-2003, 04:49 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Welcome!

Hello Mike,
Wow, I'm from Boston too....do you shop at tropic isle where the prices are outragous? Do you got o petco in cambridge at least 2 times a week? What a nice little secret forum you have set up here.

Kat

Old 06-10-2003, 04:56 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to nugrad2005 Send a message via Yahoo to nugrad2005
Wow i do, how did you know. Do you have pyschic powers or do you go out with my roommate? I know its one or the other.

-Dan

Do you live in Massachusetts or the New England area? If so join the New England Regional Forum: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/groupcp.php?g=1404
nugrad2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 09:14 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Hi New Englanders!

I'm from south-eastern NH, so I'm not really familiar with Mass. LFS's. I have heard good things from some friends about The Coral Reef Aquarium in Seekonk, I think? Never been there.

If I go to a LFS, which is quite rarely, I'll venture to Inland Reef in Nashua, NH (though they are moving locations, and have been closed for a month or so), or Little Shop of Pets in Portsmouth, NH. A recently opened store and one I know I'll end up favoring is AquaAddicts in Salem, NH. This is a small, comfortable shop, run by a very knowledgeable fellow hobbyist.

It's good to see a few "local" reefers. Anyone here a member of the Boston Reefers Society?
ReefLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 10:23 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to BONESTOCK
Hi!! I'm located just South of Boston!!

I know exactly where Tropic Isle is..in Framingham!
I know what you mean about there prices..but they do have alot of stuff....

And other place close to where I live is Petclub in W. Roxbury on Rt. 1. (the automile) I used to work year a few years ago and they have a great selection of live rock and a pretty large section of sw fish(though not as large as T. Isle)

Well I just wanted to say hi!
Old 03-04-2004, 12:00 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to nugrad2005 Send a message via Yahoo to nugrad2005
Welcome Bonestock.

We go to the Petclub sometimes, but mostly to pet the puppies. After seeing some of their fish i would have a hard time buying them other than just for saving their lives. Just seems like they don't really care too much about them. I could be wrong though.

After boycotting tropical isle we've started to go back there. Other than Little Shop of Pets in NH, which reeflady mentioned, Tropic Isle has some of the best corals you'll find. If you're willing to drive up to NH Little Shop is really the only place in the northeast you need to go for Corals.

Its actually kind of funny. One of the people who works at Aqua Addicts (possibly even partial owner) is an old Tropic Isle employee. It was strange to see his face up there instead of back in framingham.

Aqua Addicts has some really nice stuff, but prices are up there. I suppose for such a small shop they have to be though. Very nice selection, they tend to carry some more rare stuff which is nice. Also they have a great selection of clams. They had a beautiful 6" teardrop maxima that was to die for....it also cost $300!

Anyway welcome to the board!

-Dan

Do you live in Massachusetts or the New England area? If so join the New England Regional Forum: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/groupcp.php?g=1404
nugrad2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:56 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm from Salem, MA....FW
1 Pleco ("Plato")
1 Oto

10g
Ivory Snail ("Speedy")
smallfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:58 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

FYI: the Marine Aquarium Convention of North America is happening in Boston on Sept. 10-12, for all you SW people out there.
1 Pleco ("Plato")
1 Oto

10g
Ivory Snail ("Speedy")
Old 10-20-2004, 11:47 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Let's hear from you!

Are you from New England? If so, come on in and say "hi" and tell us what you have for fish, where you live, etc. (It's always nice to know who the other fellow fish keepers in the area are)

~ I'm from Salem, MA and right now I have a FW community tank (46g), a 2g betta tank and a 10g QT tank.
1 Pleco ("Plato")
1 Oto

10g
Ivory Snail ("Speedy")
Old 12-21-2004, 04:42 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'm in Bridgewater and have a 12 gallon tank with a female guppy and 7 fry.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:45 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'm from Bridgewater and I go to either Noah's Pets or Park Avenue Birds and Pet Supplies, I work there too, great selection and I get a 20% discount so its realy cheap.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com