Where in NY-NJ are you from?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nejsux

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm in Merrick, NY, Nassau. I've lived in Stony Brook, Deer Park, Lynbrook, Massapequa. I also travel to my summer home in Lake George, NY a lot.

Im from Lakewood, NJ. Its central near Point Pleasent & Seaside.
About 1 hr north of Atlantic City.
Sorry but I don't have a summer home :D
Can I use yours nejsux :mrgreen:

I am currently living in Lake Hills Ronkonkoma.. I grew up in Hicksville, Fort Salonga, Yaphank and Medford :)
Enjoy, :D

I just moved to Belle Mead, NJ (8 miles North of Princeton), but I grew up in Lakewood. I spent the last 10 years living on the Barnegat Bay (Toms River) before moving inland. Anybody want to buy some jet skis? :(

Greenlawn, NY, Suffolk - lived in Manhasset (nassau) most of my time on Long Island. Also spent some time in Garden City before moving to Suffolk after I returned to LI after spending a few years travelling the country in various jobs.

Greg

Born In Brooklyn NY, raised in Orange County NY, currently living in Westchester NY.

One of these days I'll get out LOL

New to the forum... Hi!

I'm from Manattan, Upper West Side (the best side as Councilmember Gail Brewer says).
I agree that New World Aquarium is the best FS around. They've got Asian Leaf Fish, Blue Lobsters, Seahorses, and $400 turtles!!!!!!!! WOW!

I just moved AGAIN. Spent hours and hours scrubbing the old apartment down to get our security back. Hopefully this new place will work out better. I'va left my tank at my parent's house for the time being. I want to unpack a bit and get rid of the :roll: mildew/mold :oops: problem in our new basement before I bring any creatures there. i am really dreading moving the tank anyway. It's SUCH a pain in the A$$ :fadein:

I'm new to the NY/NJ forum!

Not much traffic here, is there? Kinda like Manhattan on a Sunday morning....

I'm from Kew Gardens, Queens. I grew up in Levittown, LI, went to school in Stony Brook, and I work and once lived in Manhattan.

My favorite fish stores are New World Aquarium (204 E 38th St Manhattan), Tropical Showcase (372 West Old Country Road Hicksville), Pets (4080 Hempstead Tpke Bethpage), and Fishtown U.S.A. (196-33 Northern Blvd. Flushing).

QTOFFER said:
I'm new to the NY/NJ forum!

Not much traffic here, is there? Kinda like Manhattan on a Sunday morning....

I'm from Kew Gardens, Queens. I grew up in Levittown, LI, went to school in Stony Brook, and I work and once lived in Manhattan.

My favorite fish stores are New World Aquarium (204 E 38th St Manhattan), Tropical Showcase (372 West Old Country Road Hicksville), Pets (4080 Hempstead Tpke Bethpage), and Fishtown U.S.A. (196-33 Northern Blvd. Flushing).

I'm from East Rockaway. I like Fishtown USA and Pets. I have never been to Tropical Showcase but I think I will go soon. New World Aquarium is a little too far for me to go.
Jim

I just went to a lfs that opened in August. It is called Aquarium Adventure(177 Glen Cove Rd, Carle Place). I have never seen a store so nice. Biggest selection I have ever seen. They have 2 stores in OH. They have a website www.aquariumadventure.com . There are pictures of the store on the site. I don't think I will go anywhere else. Prices on filters weren't that cheap but the fish seemed very healthy and they had a huge variety. 8)

Born in Brooklyn, lived in Hong Kong, Seaford - LI, Olney- UK, Massapequa - LI, Jaffrey-NH, Machias- ME, Middletown - NY & for the last 7 years I've lived in Dobbs Ferry- NY. Currently travel to Teaneck, NJ for work. Wow too much moving!
:lol:

I'm living in Franklin Square now. Wow, Aquarium Adventures huh? I drive up and down that road every day and I've never seen it. Hmmm. . . . deg, I ctually work in Levvittown. Maybe some of you Long Islanders have seen that big new club RITUAL. Used to be Luxe. On Hempstead Tnpk on the block just east of Wantaugh Parkway.. . . . i dunno, lol, but if any of you want to come dont to talk fish and listen to rock n roll, let me know.

jlindsey! You are my neighbor! I live on the border of Princeton/Plainsboro and I work in Cranbury!

Back
Top Bottom