Woo-hoo! We have members!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
There are 4 of us in total I believe!

Ok, let's hear about which fish stores you guys like.

I have had a hard time finding good fish stores in the area that I like. I live in Conshohocken and there is a Pets Plus just down the street that has a really bad SW fish section. I do get some supplies there though. The only place I really trust is World Wide Aquarium which is in Upper Darby. They have a better selection and their fish seem much healthier.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I would love to find a realiable fish store closer to my house.

tripper

There is one by me that I really like but I can't remember the name. It might be world wide pets or something like that - i think the actual address is in levittown (same shopping center as the dump. but other side). I am pretty new to the area, so, that is all I know for now.

MT79 said:
"That fish place" in Lancaster is very nice. Thay have large FW and SW departments-lots of corals. www.thatfishplace.com or
www.livefishdelivery.com

I have to second "That fish place". I found it was worth the 2 hour plus drive from my place. The staff is very helpful and really helped me put everything together.

They're mail order is top notch also. I ordered some Rosy Barbs from them last weekend and they're fine and happy fish.

I'm driving out again this weekend to find some additional plants.

MT79 said:
Try The Frazer Zoo(if it's not too far), they have FW live plants, not to mention some nice corals.

Thanks, It's not far off the track so I'll stop in tomorrow.

lmw80 said:
i haven't made the treck up to that fish place, but i can't wait to!

I bought the whole setup there. I know I saved several hundred dollars on the tank, stand and hood. I pretty much walked in with an idea of what I needed and the sales person spent at least two hours with us while we picked out the final items.

They're supposed to have a great fish room. Somehow I missed it the first time a round.

I have visited That fish place many times- I am only 30 min away. It is well worth the trip. I have purchased all my set ups thru the years from them. I save up my supply list for one trip ..it is worth the drive. I just got all my SW fish there and I was happy with the selection. They also have a good FW fish supply. If you have never been there it is worth the ride.

yea - their fish room is awesome - i been there to walk around ... I was very impressed with thier store - thier fish room is near that big gaint pond you'll see a set of double doors go thru there and you walk into the fish room .

The hidden reef in levittown is the best fish store I've ever been in. they have everything. fish, tanks,dry goods,hard to find plumbing parts.the place is hugh.

The hidden reef in levittown is the best fish store I've ever been in. they have everything. fish, tanks,dry goods,hard to find plumbing parts.the place is hugh.

Thank you for the compliments. If there is ever anything anyone is looking for, we can get it in for you. Plus, we are able to provide every-day low prices on everything we carry!

That Fish Place is Amazing. It's like an aquarium you pay to walk around in...only you can buy the fish and plants. They really know their stuff too and are very helpful. It's about an hour from me but I am trying to find a good fish store around Reading, Pa. since the most of the stores around here are chains. A store that will carry me in between That Fish Place trips. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

By the way...Are there any fish stores near Reading that carry atleast ghost shrimp?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom