WV/OH/PA reefers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrc8858

Aquarium Advice Addict
Don't know how this will go but I'm in wheeling WV (northern panhandle) and I'm looking to see if it is possible to find enough somewhat local reefers on here for frag trades and sales maybe even creating a club at some point so if your interested and a hour or two away post your location and some info on you and your tank and any possible corals for sale/trade :)

Mrc8858 said:
Don't know how this will go but I'm in wheeling WV (northern panhandle) and I'm looking to see if it is possible to find enough somewhat local reefers on here for frag trades and sales maybe even creating a club at some point so if your interested and a hour or two away post your location and some info on you and your tank and any possible corals for sale/trade :)

ERIE, to my knowledge only reef club is one in pittsburg bit im not even sure of its active... id love to do a frag swap...ir even shoot the crap over dinner or beer. Im able to frag zoos i have quite a few differnt. My favorite being the eagle eye that serm to be abundant. Also can frag both hammer and frogs spawns.

jsmith said:
ERIE, to my knowledge only reef club is one in pittsburg bit im not even sure of its active... id love to do a frag swap...ir even shoot the crap over dinner or beer. Im able to frag zoos i have quite a few differnt. My favorite being the eagle eye that serm to be abundant. Also can frag both hammer and frogs spawns.

I've been thinking of either a hammer or frogspawn next. Do you keep any other lps or sps

Mrc8858 said:
I've been thinking of either a hammer or frogspawn next. Do you keep any other lps or sps

I do but nothing i would be happy with fraging.

THe Pittsburgh reef club does something once a month, though I am not a member. needsmorecowbell is though. As for my frags, it is pretty nice going atm I think. I have a small green flowerpot frag, orange plating monti, and 2 fresh ones of the bird's nest I just got this week. Still waiting on the sps to encrust though.

Where exactly is between erie and pittsburg.

Not that im stocking you lol just know you previously stated u were between the two.

I'm in wheeling/Wierton area just west of pittsburgh

Mrc8858 said:
I'm in wheeling/Wierton area just west of pittsburgh

Never heard of it lol.. hank is closer to me but hes never visted slippery rock corals either ... and to me thats about half way.

West Virginia. Erie I think is about 2 hours from me

Sniperhank said:
2 hrs from erie in wv? Thats impressive use of I79...im 2 hrs from erie and Pittsburgh

I'm not far from Pittsburgh at all that's where I do all my aquarium related shopping at mainly. And I have a bit of a lead foot so that helps lol

Well, just sounds to me like you should send me a tell with what you are bringing to the table to trade. I need to get my meteor showers into a different tank, they just won't thrive for me.

What are you looking for sps mainly? I've got a mixed reef and pretty much willing to trade anything if I like the deal.. after getting use to my system and the whole SW side of things I've decided to go the more high end coral route. Mainly looking for branching/plating sps, acans, and favias/favites. Encrusting sps and chalices would be nice too

I'm part of the pmasi group, which is a reef club in monroeville. It's 24$ to join for a year and they do a bunch of things including raffles (the corals are huge, but they'll frag it down if you need to), giveaways, workshops, guest speakers, frag trades, picnics, a behind the scenes trip to the zoo, the list goes on and on. I was just at the picnic they had Saturday and it was tons of fun, and tons of food of course :D they have a forum, but I don't want to steer away from good ol' AA.

If people live close to me, I'd be happy to trade with them. I have mostly sps and some Lps, but im not too picky lol.

We also have tons of great lfs in pa. From Philly and Lancaster, thatfishplace and the hidden reef are highlights, in my area, there's Aquaworld, Elmer's, wetpets, oddballs fish and aquariums, seahorse, daves aquastock, and a new one coming soon called the saltwater sanctuary. There are also a lot of reefers who love trading corals, theres one in kittaning who has some awesome stuff. I recently gave some Xenia to a guy starting his 180 from the club, he also bought my darth maul palys from me. Give me a pm if you want to know more!

needmorecowbell said:
I'm part of the pmasi group, which is a reef club in monroeville. It's 24$ to join for a year and they do a bunch of things including raffles (the corals are huge, but they'll frag it down if you need to), giveaways, workshops, guest speakers, frag trades, picnics, a behind the scenes trip to the zoo, the list goes on and on. I was just at the picnic they had Saturday and it was tons of fun, and tons of food of course :D

If people live close to me, I'd be happy to trade with them. I have mostly sps and some Lps, but im not too picky l

I was looking at there site a couple weeks ago and it just didn't have the same family like feeling AA has so I was gonna see what was going on here first lol (i actually remember seeing one of your posts on there for trying to buy some frags off someone haha)

Do you have any brains or acans needing fragged id really like to find some more blues and greens for my tank.. I'm gonna order some rainbow acans soon along with a funny circles favia which ill begin fragging ASAP lol

Mrc8858 said:
I was looking at there site a couple weeks ago and it just didn't have the same family like feeling AA has so I was gonna see what was going on here first lol (i actually remember seeing one of your posts on there for trying to buy some frags off someone haha)

Sorry, I posted too quick and now I edited it. Yes I definitely feel the same way, but their local and super friendly in person, I sold my old t5 fixture to a lady named Carey, she was unbelievably nice, and gave me neon green clove polyps and a brittle star plus some salt and cash. Truly great people, especially when you get to know them. To anyone, PLEASE pm me if your going to a meeting sometime, id love to meet you.

The only thing for me is I'm the youngest there, I'm only 15 lol.

needmorecowbell said:
Sorry, I posted too quick and now I edited it. Yes I definitely feel the same way, but their local and super friendly in person, I sold my old t5 fixture to a lady named Carey, she was unbelievably nice, and gave me neon green clove polyps and a brittle star plus some salt and cash. Truly great people, especially when you get to know them. To anyone, PLEASE pm me if your going to a meeting sometime, id love to meet you.

The only thing for me is I'm the youngest there, I'm only 15 lol.

How many people are usually at the swaps and meetings?

I've only been to the last meeting and the picnic, I'd say for meetings, more than 20, but for the picnic there was about 30. And the meetings get more people in the winter.

Back
Top Bottom