Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic & the Virginia's
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-29-2011, 01:22 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

And Promptly left again, That place has so much potential, but is lacking on management.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ml#post1456422
Deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:18 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I haven't found any other LFS in the Hampton Roads area that even comes close to rivaling Animal Jungle's selection, quality and customer service. I have only really had one negative experience there, when a young female employee gave me a blank look when I asked her to get me some pennywort out of one of their tanks. Other than that, they seemed to be generally pretty knowledgable and the store had some great finds recently, some reticulated hillstream loaches. Of course the loaches were labelled wrong...

Old 07-06-2011, 05:28 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vnessa123456
I haven't found any other LFS in the Hampton Roads area that even comes close to rivaling Animal Jungle's selection, quality and customer service. I have only really had one negative experience there, when a young female employee gave me a blank look when I asked her to get me some pennywort out of one of their tanks. Other than that, they seemed to be generally pretty knowledgable and the store had some great finds recently, some reticulated hillstream loaches. Of course the loaches were labelled wrong...
Yea they do have the best selection. Their customer service is improving, so their overall average with me is ok. I think they are training the staff better lately.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:39 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I use animal jungle all the time. Most of the workers seem to just know enough to get by. The older guy in the sw section with the gray pony tail seems to be the go to guy when I tend to ask the harder questions they always ask him. I have had decent luck with their fish. Their discus are overpriced As well as most fish there but there really is nowhere close with their selection. Service is a big issue. Sometimes I just dont want to have to go there because it so bad. The best thing is wet Wednesday's all fish livestock is 25 percent off between 5 and 8 pm
^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Hondatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:57 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

I travel on business a lot and this is a favrite of mine to stop in. I did so last night and I have to say that I was disappointed in the appearance of their saltwater tanks. They had a lot of hair algae growing and seem to have suffered a major aiptasia outbreak as well. On the other hand, their saltwater fish generally looked healthy.

I have never found a better brick and mortar store for freshwater anywhere when it comes to variety or oddball species. I wish we had something of this caliber in Richmond.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:59 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I was disgusted the other day. I showed up asking for assassin snails to control my pest snail problem in my tiny 5g tank.

The FISH DEPARTMENT MANAGER (I think his name was Edward or Edgar) suggested that I buy a clown loach for my 5g. When I asked him if the loach would grow too big, he replied, "No, they grow to fit the size of your tank."

Uh...what?? I decided not to correct him, that the fish would just become stunted, unhealthy, and die. I can't believe a MANAGER would give this horrible advice.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:21 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vnessa123456
I was disgusted the other day. I showed up asking for assassin snails to control my pest snail problem in my tiny 5g tank.

The FISH DEPARTMENT MANAGER (I think his name was Edward or Edgar) suggested that I buy a clown loach for my 5g. When I asked him if the loach would grow too big, he replied, "No, they grow to fit the size of your tank."

Uh...what?? I decided not to correct him, that the fish would just become stunted, unhealthy, and die. I can't believe a MANAGER would give this horrible advice.
That's a shame. A real shame. They seem not to care anymore about their fish than a can of catfood. You are better than me, I probally would have gave him both barrels

Old 07-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I know exactly what guy you are talking about. He is the worst. He gave me a little attitude because I asked him to test his salt ro water and then he didn't even do it right
^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Hondatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:21 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondatek
I know exactly what guy you are talking about. He is the worst. He gave me a little attitude because I asked him to test his salt ro water and then he didn't even do it right
Hey Hondatek, you are in Hampton Roads also....Awesome. So you're a salt water tank person?

Wayne

Old 07-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #20
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Any of ya`ll in the Richmond area and do SW we have two great stores here in Chesterfield County. Fishworld and Richmond Aquarium. Richmond aquarium does FW also.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jungle

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com