Animal Jungle Virginia Beach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
melosu58 said:
Not sure. I`ll see if I can find out.

Thanks no hurry, just whenever you go for something else. Aquabid has some and offer free shipping. Vannessa says Aquabid is good to go, I've never ordered from them. But I probally will now that I know. Appreciate the help guys... I wish I knew y'all hen I was cycling my tank, I would have paid good money for some seeding material.

Last edited:
Hondatek said:
It's on diamond springs between shore drive and northhampton blvd.

Must have been by there a million times. I was stationed at Little Creek. Thanks I will check their hardware out. I am in the hunt to upgrade my crappy lights to a T2 or T5.. anything is better than the ones I currently have. Saw one on craigs list I may get. Its a 6 bulb, that would pump me up into the CO2 range on my 55 gallon wouldn't it?

Vnessa123456 said:
Anytime! It was great talking to you two, but I have to hit the hay. Goodnight!

Gnite I am hitting the rack too. Goodnite everyone

To members in Hampton Roads who are SW,you need to check out Reef Dynamics in Hampton,and the ReefRoom in Newport News,especially for corals.Plus they will order any fish you need.You can pull up their websites by typing in their names in your search engine.

Also their is Atlantic Sea Farm in Va. Beach that raises corals.

Ricksreef said:
To members in Hampton Roads who are SW,you need to check out Reef Dynamics in Hampton,and the ReefRoom in Newport News,especially for corals.Plus they will order any fish you need.You can pull up their websites by typing in their names in your search engine.

Also their is Atlantic Sea Farm in Va. Beach that raises corals.

Thanks... Do they carry Freshwater fish and hardware also?

Wayne how are your RCS coming?

One of mine is pregnant! I saw her doing that weird thing where she kicks her legs, and saw some orange eggs inside her. I don't know if she can have unfertilized eggs. Right now I'm pretty sure all my tetras will eat any eggs she lays, but it's pretty exciting nonetheless.

*Edit* Here is a youtube video of what she's doing:

Haven't found time to order them yet. I gotta upgrade my lighting and get more real plants first. Congrats on the babies...

Vnessa123456 said:
Wayne how are your RCS coming?

One of mine is pregnant! I saw her doing that weird thing where she kicks her legs, and saw some orange eggs inside her. I don't know if she can have unfertilized eggs. Right now I'm pretty sure all my tetras will eat any eggs she lays, but it's pretty exciting nonetheless.

*Edit* Here is a youtube video of what she's doing:

Will watch the video later... Im in Vegas...

Very Nice Vanessa. Thanks for that. I will be getting some soon I hope.

Sorry I was extremely busy. I`ll check it out this weekend. I live really close to Richmond Aquarium. They are a great place. I love that big aquarium. The other place is Fish world. I have heard bad things about azealea aquariums.

Will watch the video later... Im in Vegas...

I hope you had fun in Vegas!

Right now my 37 gal is at a standstill. I've been searching forever for some blue kerri tetras to fill it out, but I can't find them anywhere :( It's hard to find fish for my tank because it has a lot of water movement and it's lower temp.

I'm glad you liked the video! I didn't take it but that's exactly what my shrimp is doing. I heard you are supposed to get a very small piece of pvc pipe to put in the aquarium so that they can lay their eggs in there. I might do that, or just wait around and see if there are a few shrimp that survive my tetras.

Vnessa123456 said:
I hope you had fun in Vegas!

Right now my 37 gal is at a standstill. I've been searching forever for some blue kerri tetras to fill it out, but I can't find them anywhere :( It's hard to find fish for my tank because it has a lot of water movement and it's lower temp.

I'm glad you liked the video! I didn't take it but that's exactly what my shrimp is doing. I heard you are supposed to get a very small piece of pvc pipe to put in the aquarium so that they can lay their eggs in there. I might do that, or just wait around and see if there are a few shrimp that survive my tetras.

I saw on aquabid some tubes made from bamboo. 4 inches long and an inch or so in diameter. 6 or 7 bucks though...each. I saw a field of bamboo at my work. I may get some and make them. I will let you know and give you some after I cut them.

Back
Top Bottom