Another dissapointing trip to The Aquarium Center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devilishturtles

Aquarium Advice Addict
Wow! I don't even know where to start!

First off, I will say their freshwater tanks looked very good. I didn't see any dead fish and they were all healthy looking. Minus the 80 or so puffers they were cramming in one of those small tanks, but hey, can't have everything be perfect right?

My only complaint with the fw fish was the bettas. Completely neglected, dead ones everywhere. I almost wanted to buy one out of pity.

Take a walk over to the saltwater side and it's pure devastation. ALL of the corals were dead. 80% of the fish were completely covered in ich or fungus. Alot of the lights were off in the tanks. They are in the middle of a renovation, I understand, but is that a reason to leave corals to die? The stars were dead, the shrimp were dead, they had a tank full of octupus that were just sitting on the sandbed.

They took away half of the tanks for the saltwater fish and made them makeshift coral tanks. This was the place where they actually had halfway decent corals. But even then, 50% of them were showing signs of necrosis. I did ALMOST buy some neon green ricordeas for $40 and one lone algae blenny that was calling my name too...but when I bent down to look at him, he was leaning very sideways on the sandbed and didn't look to healthy. I probably should have tried to save the poor thing. I did not once get asked if I needed help, even though I know the people saw me foerever. The plant tanks were near empty as well, and what was there was showing major signs of ill care.

Out on the salesfloor though, I got bombarded with people asking me if I needed help. I was surprised. And their selection was not so bad.

All in all I got 2 German Blue Rams for $8.00 a piece (pics coming as soon as they stop hididng in the dark), some Flourish Excel, Flourish Potassium, A small piece of malaysian driftwood, and a cup of brine shrimp. Had they been healthy I would have gotten some mushrooms and that awesome blenny.

I hope when their renovation is complete that their tanks get better.... :roll: I won't seriously diss them until I see this condition after the renovation.

Oh, and I will add that the huge sw display tank was coming along nicely, and all of the display tanks were nice. Esecially that huge planted tank they have.

Back
Top Bottom