Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic & the Virginia's

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-31-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Any Suggestions for Freshwater Aquarium Stores??

Have a 55 gal Pentagon Freshwater tank that has only a 1-1.5 ft algae eater in it and am looking to repopulate tank again.

Used to go to Noah's Pets in Midlothian, VA they were very nice and very helpful but they seem to be out of business i.e. phone disconnected.

Anyone have any suggestions of good fish shops in the Richmond, Henrico, Midlothian VA area?

Also any help as to which fish to add to get along with algae eater (1-1.5 ft) in tank now? Would like to keep algae eater as he has been with me a long time and really keeps the tank very clean.

archer804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
I live in this area! But I do mainly saltwater fish :P sorry. I used to go to fin and feather for my geckos but they shut down too. The only fish place I know of that aren't local Petcos or Petsmarts are purely saltwater reef places.

90 Gallon Reef - 3 Blue-Green Chromis, 2 Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Kole Tang, 1 Midas Blenny, 1 Longnose Hawkfish, 1 Zebra Dartfish, 1 Algae Blenny, 1 Six-Line Wrasse
29 Biocube Reef - 1 Chalk Bass, 2 Black and White Clownfish, 1 Yellow Watchman Goby, 1 Fire Goby
Greenturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:07 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Your best bet for freshwater is probably Azalea Aquarium on the Northside. They aren't the most personable, but they have nice fish. If you ever get out to Virginia Beach, there are some good places out there.
It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labelling.
Rutrag is offline   Reply With Quote

freshwater, freshwater aquarium, suggestions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com